Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia tugs at her feet, and they are still immobile. She looks back at the undead and spits the remaining spittle out of her mouth. Perhaps there is even a small hint of a growl. She watches Leira have quite the success in hitting this monster. I need to ensure this continues to happen.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

What was it with these women and their expectorating? Disgusting.

Zinnelis felt the grass and weeds wrapping around him, locking him in place. Damn. He tried to break free, but failed. Ignoring the plants for now, he managed to get his bow up into position for another shot, his arrow striking the vine-wrapped skeleton.

ealt

Explorer
Within the Manor Garden

Leira delivers a powerful kick to one of the skeleton's legs, sending it flying off into the garden. The skeleton nearly topples from the sudden loss, but thick tendrils of vines extend out from the tangle and act as a new leg for the creature. As Aelspeth spits acid into the skeleton's writhing form, one of its vine-claws lashes wildly out at her, delivering a vicious counter attack. Rak'tan's relentless blows with his greatsword begin to take effect. He cleaves the skeleton's shoulder, and this time no vines snake out to mend it. Zinnelis' arrow finds its mark deep within the tangle of vines that form the skeleton's core, thick green sap oozes from the wound. Gravely wounded, the skeleton lashes out against the nearest target, the unfortunate Aelspeth; however, the vines fall short, falling harmlessly on either side of the wizard.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira, seeing Aelspeth injured severely, lets out a scream of rage, spinning hard into a kick aimed for the head of the undead menace. "Begone foul monstrosity!"

ealt

Explorer
Within the Manor Garden

Leira's fierce kick pulverizes the skeleton's skull. As the groundskeeper's remains fall to the earth, the tangle of vines within them rapidly die and decay. The party gazes around the garden as all around them the carefully tended plants brown and shrivel their life force seemingly tied to their caretaker's. The once beautiful garden is no more; replaced instead by a dead, barren landscape. The only sounds in the garden is the mournful wailing of the wind through the bars of the manor gates.

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia kicks the dead and dried foliage off of her black leather boots and searches the shed too.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

As Leira’s kick sends the skeleton into a crumbling mass, Zinnelis shakes off the quickly dying vines that entangled him, watching as the garden shriveled and browned. It was too bad. The place had been beautiful. The elven ranger wondered just what that skeleton had been, how it had infused the vegetation with such magic.

As the others searched the shed, Zinn retrieved what arrows he could find amidst the foliage, finding only one.

“Aelspeth, do you need healing?” the ranger asked the elven wizard. “I have a wand if you don’t have one of your own.”

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

As the skeleton crumbles and the vegetation dies, Leira offers a small prayer to Amenthia to the fallen. Turning her attention away from the shed for a moment, she heads over to the injured Aelspeth. "I can help treat your wounds, if you wish me to. I was trained by the priests to provide aid to those in need. I promise to be gentle." She says this with a reassuring look, as she rummages in her backpack for her medical supplies and potions.

ealt

Explorer
Within the Manor Garden

The danger now passed, the party members root through the remains of the shed, coming across the same, old ledger that Aelspeth had seen. Outside the shed, a break in the clouds shines light upon the garden. Among the groundskeeper's remains the brass key that had been hanging from the sapling gives off a dull gleam. The manor proper still looms in the distance, foreboding even in the sun.

Remove ads