Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Before crossing beneath the fence, Aelspeth said simply to Theia, "I am Aelspeth Noromiel. I have studied the arcane arts since childhood and bring some modest magical talent to the table." Then at Leira's assurance, she shimmied under and stood to pat her chest and knees clear of some dust.

Leira mentions the state of the surrounding flora and Aelspeth takes a closer look. Out of the corner of her eye, she notes Rak'Tan moving toward the shed. Something is certainly off in this picture. The wizard absentmindedly draws a wand and speaks the incantation while examining the wildflowers. For the briefest moment, her aura fades into view and plates of armor seem to coalesce in the purple glow, protecting her from harm.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

Following the trail led the group to a large wrought iron gate protecting a manor that had seen better days, though the garden seemed to be well-tended. This was the source of the smoke, the chimney of the manor, with a smell of woodsmoke and herbs.

Rak’tan attempted to kick open the gate, to little effect. The large fighter then through over a rope and Leira scrambled over, but the wall proved too slippery with moss for the elven ranger to climb. It was all rather embarrassing for the elven ranger and he glanced shame-faced at Theia, awaiting a pointed remark aimed his way.

That’s when he noticed the branches on a shrub nearby looked disturbed. He pushed the shrub aside to find a sizable gap in the fence. Theia seemed to have noticed it, as well, and she crawled through the hole. Zinnelis followed behind her and found himself in the spacious, well-tended garden.

Movement near the treeline caught Zinn’s attention and he spotted a young, blonde elven woman emerging from the trees.

Another newcomer joined them. Aelspeth the wizard and her pet monkey. “Greetings,” Zinnelis told her.

As Rak’tan headed off for a decrepit shed, pulling his sword, Zinnelis started to walk over toward the young elven woman. When he was about 30 hards away he stopped.

“Good afternoon, milady,” he greeted the pretty young elf, flashing her an apologetic, but endearing smile. “I hope you will for give me for disturbing you…” And for a large group trespassing on your beautiful grounds “...but I was wondering if you could help us.”

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

As the group approaches the shed, Theia loads her crossbow and keeps it at her side. Even though she appears to be relaxed, she begins to study the shed, particularly searching for any magical auras.

ealt

Explorer
Within the Manor Garden

Theia's senses are nearly overwhelmed as her spell takes effect. The whole area seems steeped in magical energy. As Rak'tan approaches the decrepit shed, the door slowly swings outward on rusty hinges. A humanoid skeleton, so encrusted with various plants as to be nearly unidentifiable, shambles out of the shed dragging a rusty, pitted shovel behind it. It continues to shamble forward toward the adventurers. A sapling has somehow grown through the skeleton's rib cage and up past the clavicle. On one of its higher branches precariously hangs a mossy ring of keys. The skeleton reaches out towards Rak'tan with a hand tangled in vines.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

Initiative: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
Knowledge Nature: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

As Rak’tan headed off for a decrepit shed, pulling his sword, Zinnelis started to walk over toward the young elven woman. When he was about 30 hards away he stopped.

“Good afternoon, milady,” he greeted the pretty young elf, flashing her an apologetic, but endearing smile. “I hope you will for give me for disturbing you…” And for a large group trespassing on your beautiful grounds “...but I was wondering if you could help us.”

Then the door to the shed opened and Zinnelis turned to see a skeleton walking out and reaching toward Rak’tan!

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia steps within fifteen feet of the vile creature. She brings her empty left hand to her mouth and shouts "Mucoso!" Suddenly, the mage begins to cough and she hacks up a putrid wad of phlegm. She spits it out at her enemy!

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Seeing the skeleton moving towards Rak'Tan, Leira breaks from her position towards the enemy. As she does, she takes a rapid breath centering herself as she moves in towards the skeleton. Her usual nervous movements gone, she moves forward with purpose to end the threat.

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan pulls his great blade from his back, and attempts to strike the foul creature with it.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon

As the others moved to engage the skeleton, Zinnelis readied his bow and circled around for a good shot. Theia hacked something up and spit it at the skeleton and that caused Zinn to stumble a bit. That was rather disgusting, he thought with a grimace as he knocked an arrow.

Leira and Rak’tan moved into melee and Zinn drew back his bowstring, sighting up his shot before firing.

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth hears the agonized creak of the shed door's hinges and turns in time to see the skeleton moving to attack Rak'Tan. Her companions all spring into action to bring the undead down. They are more capable combatants. I have a different role to play here. The elf hurries past a growing huddle of unchecked aggression, moving to investigate the shed further. She slips sideways through the door as it slowly swings shut behind its former inhabitant.

Once inside the shed, Aelspeth traces the sign of visions in front of her face. She groans low in her throat and breathes, "Leita syn." The young conjurer's eyes begin to glow white, opening her senses to pick up magical auras.

Remove ads