Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Bors

Bors seems to hang on Theia's every word. He finally hangs his head, seemingly ashamed. "We's was jus' out huntin' for the day, no camp 'er nothin' when we came upon the 'ouse. I just wanted to keep huntin' but Vignar wanted to go inside, disprove all them rumors we'd 'bout the place." He gives a slight sob, "I was too scared to go, but Vignar... He went inside, said it were just an old 'ouse, nothing to fear. But he didn't come out, and then I heard 'im scream. And I ran. Like a coward. I were too embarrassed to admit it, so I said we'd got separated in the woods huntin' not the truth." He sobs softly again, "I'm so ashamed."

ealt

Explorer
Intermission

Our intrepid adventurers follow the hunters' trails and the trail of smoke in the air. They emerge from the woods and find themselves before a large wrought-iron gate encircling a massive courtyard and in the distance a manor house.

[sblock=OOC]
There is a break in the posting here due to the page cache missing a page's worth of data. I'll summarize what is missing above.
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Nihilist

Theia stares down the gate, looking for any hints of magic. She asks Rak'tan, "Hey big guy... see if it's open first? One might watch out for traps first, I would imagine."

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

As Rak'tan moves to try and force the gate, Leira stands by ready to assist if needed. Glancing around nervously, she waits for the gate to open.

ealt

Explorer
Beyond the Manor Gates

Rak'tan's kick makes the gate shudder with force, releasing a loud clanging sound. Yet the gate doesn't budge. A large, rusted padlock and chain hold the gate shut fast. It might be possible to break the chain with concentrated effort and great strength, but perhaps there is another way to enter the manor grounds.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Sighing deeply, Leira cracks her knuckles and decides to try and scale the fence. "Someone cover me, I'm going to try and scale it." Reclasping her blade to her belt, and stowing her shield on her back, she gets to work climbing over the top, and dropping down. Once down she sets her shield in position, and unclasps her blade again.

ealt

Explorer

Theia gives the gate a quick once over, but no helpful thought bubbles fizzle up. Next, she looks from side to side, and notices that there's a bush. That's a bush alright. She walks up to the rope, and gives it a quick tug. Not for me. Oh, maybe you can help. She reaches into her belongings and procures a rather large cricket. "See what you can find, friend." Theia casts a look of jealousy over to Leira, and then waits for her bug to return.

ealt

Explorer
Beyond the Manor Gates

Theia's cricket scuttles around the front of the gate for a second before tentatively tapping it with its antennae. Seemingly satisfied, it continues to survey the area, careful not to cross through any of the numerous gaps it could easily fit through. Eventually it disappears behind one of the nearby shrubs, and reappears on the other side of the fence. It hops repeatedly in place in triumph, and a sense of success at having crossed a threshold springs into Theia's mind.

ealt

Explorer

Theia blankly blinks several times as she sees the cricket wander into view on the other side of the gate after disappearing into the bush. Thank you, Jasper, the cause of my life's ruin. She walks over to the bush and rustles through the branches. She sees that the gate is a tad bent, and with enough finagling she can squeeze through. I do have a slim figure after all. She removes her pack, shoves it through the bars, and then shimmies herself through as well, bandoliers included. After brushing herself off of dirt and leaves, she joins Leira on the other side. Theia welcomes her cricket back into her belongings.

Remove ads