D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Triboar

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric races towards the orcs yelling a battle cry at the top of his lungs "Woden grant me strength of arms and skill with blade!"

OOC: I think I am 25ft away from the fallen orc (so my eyesight not good :). If I am I move to DA17 and attack prone target (Advantage): attacking with Advantage, Damage if I hit: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25; 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
1D8+6 = [8]+6 = 14
and second attack attacking with Advantage, Damage if I hit: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17; 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D8+6 = [3]+6 = 9

If I don't have Advantage (he gets up before I get there, etc): Attack, damage if I hit: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18
1D8+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20
1D8+6 = [4]+6 = 10

While the wild man raced forward, Othovir hung back and muttered arcane words onto himself. A mist seemed to pass over him for a moment as he hardened his clothing against attacks...

OOC: Othovir casts mage armor on himself and stay back from the fight

Yavathol

Explorer
2h5r7ex.jpg

Admiring the speed with which the crossbowman had killed the axe-beak, Gul's attention was drawn to the noise from the north east, and he moved off in that direction, casting a curious glance at the mismatched gnome and ape as he did so.

OOC:
Move and Dash = 8 squares, I think gets Gul to 153DJ

Oops, I initially thought the Scale armor would slow him to speed 20 but have since realised he is not slowed and can actually get to 153DJ.

[sblock=status]Gul hp 30/30
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0 (Saves+3), Cha +2 (Saves+5)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5, Survival +3
AC 18
Inspiration no
HD: 5/5

1st level Spells/day: 4/4
2nd level Spells/day: 2/2
Pact Magic(1st): 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Ulric kills the orc.

Movements accounted for.

Still waiting on Four players/npcs I believe. Our bard, gnome ranger, and paladin.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 5,229

Shayuri

First Post
Urgala's eyes narrow, and she ducks into her inn...brushing past patrons and servers alike until she's behind the bar, fishing the key to her lockbox out of its concealed pocket.

Jonfrey, tending the bar at the moment...a devilishly handsome half-elf boy (well, not a boy to most, but Urgala saw most of her staff as her 'children' in a way)...frowned and looked around quickly. He knew what was in the lockbox, and what it meant. Trouble, most often.

"Everything all right?" he asked, a little uncertainly. The inn was quiet enough to his eyes.

Urgala rose back up, her morningstar clutched in one fist, her bow in her other. She hung the 'star by its loop on her belt and gave Jonfrey a level look.

"Clear the bar. Calmly, quietly. Once they've finished their drinks, let them know we're closing early today and send them home. Once they've gone, the rest of you go too. South. Go south."

She looked at the door for a moment, then repeated, "Not north or west. Even if you live that way."

"Ma'am...what's..."

Jon cut off when she looked sharply back at him. "I don't know yet. Just do it."

Then she was pushing out, pushing past, back outside. Fire was bad. It could spread if it wasn't quickly caught. Worse still was the question of how it started. The sounds of chaos implied much but answered little. First things first though...she headed northwest, towards the burning building. That was the most immediate threat to what was hers.

==============
MEANWHILE
==============

Ilshana was caught entirely off-guard by the orcs. They were beings one simply didn't encounter in civilized cities. It was quickly taken down, but movement farther away told of more striding around on those silly-looking birds they had.

Was this a raid?

Excitement flooded the young bard, and she quickly cloaked herself in fey magic...a little chant under her breath and the sign of the moon, and she faded away. Oh, she was no warrior, to face slings and arrows and swords without fear...but she could move fair quiet when she had a mind to, and thus protected she'd be able to pick her moment to snatch victory from the jaws of a slightly less impressive victory!

(Cast invisibility on self, move to DG152)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Urgala sees many Magmin playing quite happily at the old ruined house. She hears looming thunderous steps to the north.

Ilshana is able to disguise herself and move forward a bit.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 726

Jago

Explorer
It seemed that Darathra Shendrel was in the company of some rather competent warriors. With the echoing thunder of the ground emanating from the North, she blessed her luck and drew her mighty blade, gripping it tightly as she sprinted towards the call of battle. Triboar was in danger, and so long as she lived any enemy of the city was doubly so.

" You fou-, ehr, three!" she called, pointing her sword to the quartet of adventurers before one suddenly disappeared from sight, " Consider yourselves members of The Twelve until relinquished! Follow me to defend the people!"

Darathra waited not for their response: her people needed her, her city needed her, and she would not fail them. Heedless of the danger, she charged off around the corner to approach the Orcs riding their strange monsters, her dark hair whipping behind her like the tail of a dragon. Darathra let her battlecry serve as a rallying point for any militia nearby, but she was prepared to lay down her life alone if it came to that.

" For The Black Boar! Charge!"

[sblock=Actions for Darathra]
Action: Dash to DC 143[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
She moves forward, drawing the attention of two axebeak riding orcs.

They move into melee and attack. One axe beak lands a solid slash dealing 10 points of damage to Darathra. Its orc rider also finds purchase in his attack, dealing 13 points of damage.

Many other riders move, one getting into range of Gul, though his bird must dash to get him there. The orcs greataxe nearly finds purchase but a defensive shield spell turns the attack away.

map.png

On the other side of the campground a marching order of orogs hacks down fences and threatens anything they see, marching in front of two fire giants marching with some sort of seeming purpose towards the town.

map.png

Party & allies actions.

Jago

Explorer
~ " Foul monsters ..."

Koldan scowled as he hurried after Darathra. The woman was brave, but that bravery was going to get her killed. Still, it seemed as if she took the strikes of her enemies with little fanfare: she withstood these orcs and fended them off with her blade, switching between guards and cuts to try and hack the opposition to pieces.

Koldan, for his part, was not going to let her fight alone. With the whisper of a silent, Elvish curse, he felt the rush of blood to his head. His eyes took in the way that those with life around him seemed to nearly glow, until he set his aim upon the closest axebeak. Everything sharpened until there was nothing but him and the creature, his steps already having carried him closer. The Crossbow was raised once more, Koldan seeking to time his shots with the strikes of Darathra to overwhelm the enemy.

[sblock=Koldan's Actions]
Bonus Action - Casting Hunter's Mark on the Axebeak occupying DB 141
Move - Up, to CZ 147
Action - Crossbow Weapon Attack with Extra Attack and Hunter's Mark on the Axebeak occupying DB 141

1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17 To Hit, 1D10+4+1D6 = [8]+4+[3] = 15 Damage

1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14 To Hit, 1D10+4+1D6 = [2]+4+[1] = 7 Damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Darathra's Actions]
Action - Multi-Attack with Greatsword on the Axebeak occupying DB 141. If the Axebeak is slain, she will instead switch to target the Axebeak occupying DE 141

1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22 To Hit, 2D6+3 = [5, 5]+3 = 13 Damage

1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 To Hit, 2D6+3 = [2, 2]+3 = 7 Damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=Character HP Levels]Koldan: 44/44
Darathra: 29/52[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
Narth Tezrin

Narth's curiosity was well and truly satiated, as he saw the speed with which the mounted orcs charged in to the town square.

'First come, first served' he muttered to himself as he took aim at the nearest orc. 'Let me show you some of our wares!'

As soon as he fired, he realised he was in a somewhat exposed position and ran towards the tower, hiding behind the corner.

OOC:
Action: Shoot at orc at DI151, just in range.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Move: DG161
Bonus action: Hide (Cunning Action)

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] I'm planning to have Gul cast Darkness and try to obstruct the entrance to the field. Will wait for Ilshana to act so you aren't unexpectedly blinded, and have a chance to let me know if you have a better idea!

Remove ads