Savage Worlds Rifts [IC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Dawn can sense a number of ley-line and at least a nexus point within a few miles forward, if the tunnel runs straight (as it appears). The ley-line storm is a bit farther to the south. The ley-lines are messing up her supernatural senses though. But unless the vampires turned to mist to escape through a manhole cover, unless they abandon Marcus, she is pretty sure they followed the tunnel straight away...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Outside St. Louis/Mississippi River
PA 109 (May 13)/Hour past sunset
Round 0

Alenysturathe looked up at Deezy and shook her head. “No, I am limited to these,” she said, holding up her small fists. Though that was still quite formidable, given her draconic strength even in human form. “And my magic.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Conditions:
Recharge:
Bennies: 3/3
Hours Left for Human: 6/6 Reset: 0/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 6/6 rounds Reset 0/10m
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 5
Toughness (Dragon): 28 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 9 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Good news is that with the ley lines close by, magic an' psi might be more powerful to compensate. Then again, so might theirs - an' my sniffer's all fouled up. Aright. I think we ought to take the tunnel. Go on oxygen masks in case there's a cave-in. They might mist out but I doubt they can take Marcus with 'em. Crosses out, be careful what you look at. Dig me?"

GreenKarl

First Post
The team files into the underground tunnel, turning on what lights they have as it is pitch black on a few feet in. They take their time, watching out for ambush sites and avoiding most of the muck and other debris that had collected here over the centuries. The air was foul, but with masks it was bearable. The tunnel curves slightly to the north as the team travels down it and they can tell that at least once they pass under a ley-line running above them somewhere.

After about a two hours of travel (it is now around 3am in the morning) the tunnel started to glow and ahead as the team travels deeper a ley-line is running through the tunnel! The group passes through it without problems and although Dawn's senses are messed up for a few minutes afterwards, she again picks up the trail of the vampire spore on the other side.

Ahead the team saw that the tunnel opens into a junction. Two other large tunnels leading off to the south and northwest. The scent of the vampires leads to a nearby iron works ladder up. Looking up the heroes see an open man cover and a slight bluish glow. Dawn can sense a nexus point within a half mile from her location.

Climbing the ladder slowly and looking out (whoever goes first) can see the ancient ruins of Jerseyville all around them... and a glowing nexus point hanging in the air just to the north of the manhole cover. Directly below this nexus point is a strange tower of dark brown stonework...

Tower.jpg

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Round 0

Alenysturathe gripped the cross Dawn had given her and followed the others into the tunnel. She gagged a bit on the stench. They had to cross actually through a ley line, which gave Alenys a bit of a tickle, and she dawdled in the mystical energy, soaking it up, before hurrying to catch up with the others.

Once they reached the ladder, Alenys climbed up and peeked out. “It’s a city,” she told the others. “Or was.” It was mostly ruins now. “I see a Nexus point on top of a big stone tower,” she said. “That’s odd, isn’t it?” the naive dragon-human asked.

Notice: 1D8.OPEN(8) = [7] = 7http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=140354
1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Conditions:
Recharge:
Hours Left for Human: 4/6 Reset: 0/6 hours
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I am...pretty sure that was not part of the original city," Deezy observes, peering curiously at the tower through her ticking goggles.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Dawn looks in rough shape, having had to journey so close to a ley line for so long, and everyone could tell how much it had taken out of her. But she pressed on, nonetheless.

"An underground city, nexus point, an' vampires. I don't like this. There could be thousands down here." She sniffed the air again, trying to pin down Marcus and get a lay of the land.

Trogdor1992

First Post
"This doesn't look good, we're likely to get swarmed down there" Varg says, a look of concern clear on his face.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
As Alenysturathe climbed out of the tunnel she thought she spotted someone moving at the top of the tower near the strange looking device that also seemed to be drawing energy from the nexus point. Glancing around at the rest of the city, it appeared dead with no life. At least it did at first for moments later she noticed figures slowly emerging from out of the ruins. Shuffling and staggering figures whom emitted a low moaning sound.

The other heroes also notice these - people - but they were not people. They were zombies! At least two dozens rotting humanoid figures slowly moving towards them...

GM: The closes zombie is 60 feet away and you have at least one round before they can get to you if you want to do anything... but they appear to moving in your direction. They are spread out in a long staggering line about 50 or so feet between your group and the tower... Actions?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Round 1

“People coming,” Alenysturathe said, pointing. “Why are they walking funny?” she queried, tilting her head, pushing back her red hair. “And their heat signature is wrong…”

Alenys’ green eyes widened. “Those aren’t people!” she exclaimed. “Maybe you guys should get on…”

Alenys moved so she had some room, already feeling the transformation coming on. Her skin grew red and scaly, her clothes melding into her body. She grew larger, falling forward, her face elongating, wings sprouting from her back. Then she stretched her neck open and roared, flame gushing out at the approaching zombies.

[sblock=OOC]Need Fear checks, if zombies do those...[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Common Knowledge: 1D8.OPEN(8)-2 = [8, 4]-2 = 10http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=140488
1D6.OPEN(6)-2 = [5]-2 = 3

Move:
Action: Fire breath cone: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [1] = 1http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=140489
1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5

D’oh! That’s a 1 on my shooting die (does that do something?), but my wild die hits.
Fire mega-damage: 2D10.OPEN(10) = [10, 9, 7] = 26
Conditions:
Recharge:
Hours Left for Human: 4/6 Reset: 0/6 hours
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases