D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Ilvelious assesses the tower, an outright attack would prove very difficult, while the open stalls along the base suggest an easy entrance, the drop to the floor below would certainly be fatal. The tower is heavily weathered but in good repair and doesn't seem to have ever seen a significant attack.

As Erol mentions the name Savra Belabranta, Ilvelious and JV both notice Savra's face very briefly shows a mixture of fear and pleading. Her response strikes them as very wooden and rehearsed. "Savra Belebranta is no more, I am Savra of the Feathergale Society." The picture Erol has is a very good match, if not the person you are looking for then certainly a relative.

Once off the topic of her title, she relaxes somewhat, "I don't know anything about a missing delegation, but perhaps Lord Thurl can help. I will take you to see him, you arrived at a fortuitous time, we are preparing a feast celebrating 50 years of our society."

Sevra leads you to the centre of the spire, in the centre of the spire is a spiral staircase leading up.
As you walk up the stairs you glance through a doorway and see a large interior garden with many exotic plants floating in pots in the air. You see a man in leather armour sitting cross legged in the room. His eyes are closed, he doesn't seem to be breathing and his lips are turning blue."

Suddenly two men locked in a grapple stumble into view, they break apart. One of them, the one not wearing armour leaps high into the air over the other man, landing behind him. He punches a fist into the air in front of him and there is a loud CRACK of sound... which draws the party's attention as the armoured man sails into the wall."

The man who wasn't breathing opens one eye smiles then goes back to his meditation, his lips still blue.

Some of the other rooms on the way up are clearly accommodation, some common rooms for lower ranks and some private quarters for higher ranks.

As you all climb the stairs Ilvelious and JV notice Savra's eyes dart up and down and into each doorway, more than once she seems about to say something but the interior is very busy with the preparation for the feast and you find there is always someone else close by.

GM: I'll leave it there to give you a chance to do something if you want before seeing Thurl, but if no one posts tomorrow I'll move on.

After asking for the two perception checks I realised that passive perception is probably better for the first roll, so I'll keep them both for later.

I've pinched some of the description from another website, I'd rather not link it yet as there are other spoilers in there, just to credit the source so its not blatant plagiarism.

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. eyes Savra's behavior curiously. The woman, clearly in some sort of distress, pulls at the strings of his heart. Curiosity gets the better of him and he opens a private channel into her mind. "If you are looking for a private audience, it doesn't get anymore private than this."

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

Errol raised an eyebrow at the declaration of a new name for Savra. But he shrugged and followed her inside with the others. He took note of the man with the blue lips in the room with the floating plants until he was distracted by the two combatants. He wasn’t sure if it was just a friendly brawl or what, but Savra did not seem concerned.

“Savra,” Errol said quietly, though not so quiet that it sounded conspiratorial, just private, “some folks in Waterdeep were concerned about you and sent me out here to find you, check on your well-being,” he told her. “I would like to bring them some word back, if not you, to reassure them. I would even accompany your return here after a trip to Waterdeep, if you desired,” he assured her.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Savra is unable to hide her initial surprise at JV's telepathic call. She quickly masters her expression though and replies, They won't let me leave. I joined thinking they were a group of enlightened do-gooders, but something sinister is going on. I don't know what though.

Most of the nobles from Waterdeap are just a bunch of rakes but there are some crazy zealots here as well. Thurl is in charge of Feathergale Knights, but he seems to answer to the zealots, even the lowly ones carry authority that he is unwilling to test.

Please Help, I just want to go home.

When Erol talks to her, she adopts the same rehearsed tone and wooden expression as before, "This is my family now. Tell those from my former life that I am well and happy." Her eyes dart briefly to JV and she says to Erol in a much lower tone, "Talk to your friend." She reverts back to the louder, rehearsed tone, "I have no desire to return to the depravity and decadence of Waterdeep."

With that you arrive at a grand door that is opened by two pages. It leads into a great hall, occupying half the floor. There is much activity at several tables being prepared for a feast. Sitting serenely on a dais in the middle of the far wall is a man in plate mail with a feather mantle on his shoulders. He is flanked by four knights dressed similarly to Savra.

Savra announces you to the room in a very formal manner, then leads you towards the dais, "The Lord Thurl, Grandmaster of the Feathergale Society."

After a pause, just long enough to assert his authority, Thurl greats you, "Well met travellers. Welcome to our humble outpost in the fight against evil and chaos? Savra tells me you are looking for a missing delegation and that we may be able to help."

GM: Edited Thurl's introduction to avoid repeating some stuff from earlier.

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. opens a mental link with Errol, "This place isnt what it seems. Somethings not right here, be careful. I'll keep this link open if you need me."
OOC: Assisting you with any speech skill checks through the link, so roll with advantage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

Errol frowned at Savra’s wooden words. “Okay,” he said. “Perhaps just a quick trip,” he told Savra. “Or at least a letter I can bring back. I would like to get paid for finding you,” he said, flashing Savra a disarming smile.

Errol’s smile faltered slightly with J.V.’s voice in his head.

As the reached the great hall, Errol examined the room and its occupants. It certainly looked like a feast was being prepared.

“Lord Thule,” Errol greeted the man on the dais, giving a military salute and a slight bow. “Thank you for your hospitality. Yes, a trade delegation from Mirabar went missing in the area a few days ago. We found evidence of it not a few miles from here. There was also evidence some of your knights may have been involved, perhaps defending the caravan from whomever attacked it. We found a mantle similar to yours, and armor. Are you missing any patrols?” he asked. “We thought you might know more, or seen more, since your flying knights appear to patrol the area.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire, Midday

Thurl looks at Erol and pauses before he answers, "A Trade delegation.....from Mirabar.....haven't heard anything. There are no missing patrols from here but our members come and go all the time, returning to Waterdeap to see to their own affairs. We do try to patrol the area, but sadly we are but few." Ilvelios and JV notice his hesitation in answering and his face seems expressionless as he talks about possible missing companions.

Thurls quickly moves the conversation on to something more light hearted. "As you may be aware we are having a feast to celebrate 50 years of the Feathergale Society. After the feast, we plan to hunt an evil beast that terrorises the night in the valley below. We had hoped more of our members could make it, but sadly too many are called home to Waterdeep.

"Would you care to join us for the feast? I'm sure we could even spare a few mounts for you to join the hunt as well."

Yavathol

Explorer

Ilvellios seems a little awed and uncomfortable in the presence of such wealth and nobility, letting Errol speak while he slowly edges over to one of the pages with his back to the wall. When Lord Thurl glances over at him, he drops his gaze down and doesn't make eye contact.

"Wow, this is a very fancy place," he whispered to the page.
"Did you accompany one of the knights here, or did they hire you from Red Larch?"

OOC: [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], if you could have Errol treat Ilvellios as a servant, that might help them to underestimate Ilvellios, who is just dressed as commoner and only carries a staff.

I'm happy to join the feast, but wondering if snooping around while they are hunting might prove more productive than joining them, what do you others think? I don't want to split the party, so will stick with the group whichever way we decide.

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21 thp: 5/5
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

“Thank you for the invitation, Lord Thule,” Errol said. “I will confer with my colleagues about your offer.” He glanced at Savra, standing stiffly next to them, and her strange words and JV’s ominous mental message.

“Is there a place we can refresh ourselves after our journey out here while we decide?” he asked.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases