D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire 2nd Floor
Midday,

Illvelious sidled over to one of the waiting pages and asked, "Did you accompany one of the knights here, or did they hire you from Red Larch?" He replies with genuine excitement and a slight air of aloofness,"I am an initiate of the Feathergale society. That means I am of noble birth from Waterdeep. After my training is complete I will become a knight. I could have joined other knightly orders, but the Feathergale society share my interest in flying mounts. My allowance doesn't allow me to afford my own mount, but the Society does have some avaiable for training."

Thurk, sitting on his dais replies to Errol, "Of coarse, I often forget about the arduous land journey here. We can spare one of our knights chambers, it doesn't offer much in the way of comfort, but it should be adequate for four of your station." The side conversation with Illvelious catches his eye, "Julian!" he snaps, "Since you have made the acquaintance of our guests would you show them to a free room". He turns back to Savra and says,"You may return to your duties, Lady Savra."

Thurl turns on to other business and it is clear the audience is over. Julian enthusiastically leads you behind the central stair into a curved corridor. There are four doors that you can see, Julian opens one of them and stands aside to let you in. The room has a bed, chest and desk as well as a stand for weapons and armour. There is a single arrow slit for a window. Four similar rooms make up the other half of the tower on this floor, and you could not leave without going through the main hall.

GM: It proving difficult to convey Thurl's tone. He has an air of authority that comes from being born of high station, and makes it clear as to where everyone fits within those stations, but he pleasant and seems well liked.

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios' face reddens when he realises that Julian is also of noble blood, "Apologies, sir, I meant no offence. I would imagine it must be tremendously exciting to ride a flying steed, why, the closest thing to flying oneself! Far beyond my station, of course.."

After Julian shows the group to their room, Ilvellios glances over at the other two, trying to read their concerns. Finally, after Julian has had time to get out of earshot, he speaks, "So what now? Thurl denies any knowledge, but the evidence we have seen so far indicates either he is lying or some of the inhabitants here have been acting without his authorisation.."

"What do you two suggest? If we stay for the feast we may find something more out, but maybe questioning some of the non-nobles here would be more revealing than going on a hunt?"

Ilvellios leans on his staff and stretches, "I feel a little out of place here, maybe it would be worth giving the impression that I am Errol's servant. Servants tend to see and hear more than their masters realise, or it may just be worth having Thurl overlook me."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

“Something certainly does seem...off here,” Errol had to agree with Illvelios as they settled into the room. “I am not certain they would let us remain behind while they went on the hunt, if they are hiding something. J.V., Savra seemed to indicate you knew something?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Sorry didn't make this clear earlier, you've got around 3 hours before the feast, if you want to do anything. You're not restricted to staying in the room either - I forgot to add that Julian recommends going to the top of the Spire for the view.

Just to avoid any confusion Savra deflected Errol to J.V as a RP tool to stop the vocal conversation as she had already explained to J.V though his awakened mind ability.

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios listened to JV and Errol while they talked about Savra, checking outside the door periodically to ensure no-one was eavesdropping. He was concerned about what the young lady had said, and willing to assist Errol in helping her to get home, but hoped they could find some way of also helping any of the others who felt the same way.

"Why don't we wander around a bit, before the feast, and see what we can find? I think we should stick together though, and not split up."

OOC: Ilvellios has a set of lock picks on him that he can use if they come across any locked doors...

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire, Midday

Traffic is going between the ground floor below you and the floor you are on. From your trip up you can remember a guard room, a training room and the smell of cooking suggest a kitchen. There were also two other doors that were closed.

Heading up the central spiral staircase opens onto a narrow circular landing and continues up. The landing you are on has four doors spaced evenly around the wall.

Heading up, you come to the top of the staircase leading onto the roof. The rooftop has a thin layer of grass on it and at each of the cardinal compass points is a large stone perch. The rooftop doesn't hold your interest for long though as the view of the Sighing Valley below is spectacular. It is a dry, rocky valley with a narrow river meandering along it. Patches of green and some scratchy bushes dot the valley floor.

Two Feathergale Knights are on the roof as sentries, they offer a greeting then turn back to watching the surrounding country side.

EDIT: The spiral staircase continues down below the floor you entered on, from the smell you would guess that it is a stable of some kind.

URL]

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
"Well, I guess we could start at the top and work down?" Ilvellios suggested. After admiring the view for a short time, he descended one flight and listened at the first closed door that he came to.

OOC:
So there is a ravine, in which the tower is built, and a nearby river? Odd that the water never coursed through the ravine:)

Listening at the door
[roll0]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Sorry, I've made things REALLY confusing there by mixing up some place names. The Desairn valley is a large valley that covers several miles Desairn Valley and is the location of the whole adventure.

You are currently in the Sighing Valley, a MUCH smaller little valley within the Sumber Hills that form part of the Desairn Valley. Feathergale Spire overlooks the Sighing valley.
Sighing Valley As you can see the map and the picture don't really tie up as well as they should (and they are both official and from the book), the map suggests a much wider valley than the ravine in the picture. Its the first time I've actually looked at the picture so closely TBH.

TallIan

Explorer
Listening at each of the four doors in turn, two you can hear nothing, one you can hear light snoring and the other you can hear slight movement.

Of the two quite rooms one is locked, the other opens into a room that occupies a quarter of the floor you are on. It is similarly furnished to the one you have the use of but could accommodate two.

Remove ads