D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

Thateous

Explorer
"Would you like us to try and talk to your father? Can you tell us how you became...unseeable?”

"You could try and speak to my father, but I don't think it would end well." she says, the sadness in her voice is obvious. "When he became obsessed with bringing mommy back he changed. I would hear him talking, but couldn't see who he was talking to and when I asked him about it, he dismissed it as nothing but my imagination. He would disappear for hours and come back dirty. I remember he brought miners in one day. They went into his study and never came back out. A few days later the ground shook and woke me up, but everything was different. I don't even know how long ago that was. I could no longer see myself or go outside. The curtains no longer open and it was just so dark and cold. Even my father was... different."

With Alice's final words the party dismisses themselves from the tea party, mood having been clearly soured. Alice does not appear to follow as you all exit her room and make your way to the study. No sound emanates from within.

River Song

Explorer
"It would appear that the dear child is unaware of her demise, he father was quite obviously trying to find some way to bring back his wife and cheat death." He paused to take a breath. "I would think that he used the miners to create a subterranean dwelling of some kind in an attempt to conduct the aforementioned cheating of death. It is like that the skeletons outside were the remains of the miners or some other poor souls, but we must be prepared to deal with this malign presence and cleanse this mansion."

Having said more words than he usually would, Thren appeared sheepish. "I..I...I say... we go down...kittens ...and find..the mon..mon..ster."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony/Manor House
Morning
Round 0

“Necromancy of some kind, certainly,” Arjhan had to agree, “given what we have seen so far. And perhaps a pact of some kind, as well, if the child’s words of a conversation are to be believed.” He hummed to himself as he considered. “All we can do is investigate. If it is some vile evil, then we will smite it,” he vowed. He reached down to check if the door was locked, though did not open it yet until everyone was ready.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 26/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (1/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

"Ummm, the guy is no longer a guy. He's some kind of undead spirit. One that holds the child from moving on. I say, no talk. He already tried to kill us - even if not directly." Tarukka offers.
"I will not stop you from talking to it, but I'll be ready with my blade and magic."

Remove ads