Classic D&D of All Eras Back In Print

Print on Deman Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild? (I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

Print on Deman

Anyone else notice that WotC snuck a few titles up as Print-On-Demand at DMs Guild?

(I purchased three of them, both to support the initiative but also cos I cant help collecting hard copies of D&D material :) )

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I noticed the print on demand was up to 31 titles and the 6 Storm Kings Thunder alliance and DM kits and came back here to see if anyone was keeping it updated....thanks for that MMM!

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Something I would like to see - All the various official character sheet products through-out the editions, maybe for $1.99 each or some such. Maybe with a form-fillable version, if possible.

Some of those old character sheets are heavily nostalgia inducing and really get you into the mood for the game just by looking at them and filling them out.

I have always wondered ........
If you believe everything that WoTC says about the problems with TSR, didn't the auditor (or whoever he was) state that when he got to TSR he found a warehouse pretty much filled to the ceiling with pallets and pallets of product that was never shipped or sold?
If this is true, what happened to all that product?
Is it all still in that warehouse?
Was it moved somewhere else so its kind of preserved?
Did they sell it all? (I never heard of a huge WoTC sale ..... ever)
Did they just scrap it and give themselves a fresh start by incinerating it all? (my heart hurts just typing that)
Does anyone here know what happened to that stuff? I'm pretty happy that they are finally doing PoD, but I do not recall ever hearing that they had a big sale on all that old product. Looking at the way that Paizo has sales to make room in their warehouse I wish WoTC would have done the same thing.
PoD is cool, and this does make me happy ...... but there are certain things that I want in my collection that I know I'm going to have to troll eBay for, even through they will be available PoD.

(Haven't logged into EnWorld in awhile, sorry if commenting here upsets anyone for reviving an old thread)

blakesha

Explorer
If you believe everything that WoTC says about the problems with TSR, didn't the auditor (or whoever he was) state that when he got to TSR he found a warehouse pretty much filled to the ceiling with pallets and pallets of product that was never shipped or sold?
Did they sell it all? (I never heard of a huge WoTC sale ..... ever)
Did they just scrap it and give themselves a fresh start by incinerating it all? (my heart hurts just typing that)
Does anyone here know what happened to that stuff? I'm pretty happy that they are finally doing PoD, but I do not recall ever hearing that they had a big sale on all that old product. Looking at the way that Paizo has sales to make room in their warehouse I wish WoTC would have done the same thing.
PoD is cool, and this does make me happy ...... but there are certain things that I want in my collection that I know I'm going to have to troll eBay for, even through they will be available PoD.

(Haven't logged into EnWorld in awhile, sorry if commenting here upsets anyone for reviving an old thread)

It would be interesting to hear from someone in the know about the first few points you raise HBS.

I also feel the need to troll ebay for a few items (like FR6,7,8 - the ONLY three I am missing from my collection), its just sad that all three of those are $USD150+

Riley

Legend

Shortly after the TSR bankruptcy, truly staggering quantities of sealed, new second edition box sets and supplements showed up suddenly in several Half Price Books stores in the Milwaukee area. Pretty much everything made for the various second edition worlds was there, with many copies of each.

Oh and there was shelf after self of Buck Rogers and Amazing Engine products.

I assume they were sold to HPB after they were seized, in order to repay TSRs creditors.

I bought as much of the stuff as I could possibly afford, and maybe then some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads