DC TV Universe Crossover Questions (Spoilers)

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Forked from: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...Event-Flash-Arrow-LoT-Supergirl-looks-awesome

I have not yet watched the cross-over shows, so I cannot spoil that. But, there are spoilers regarding the story lines thus far. But be warned: Other folks may make postings which spoil the cross-over.

I'm trying to fit together the several shows. I've watched all of Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, but only a small part of Arrow and only one episode of Supergirl.

Most of the world background I've gotten from Flash and LoT. I can see ties between those and with Arrow. I don't know how Supergirl fits into the TV universe. Can folks help me to fit this together?

One problem that I'm starting to have is the use of time travel in both Flash and LoT. Especially since LoT is supposed to be protecting the time line. How does that work with Flash, who has created two new timelines already. Indeed, the whole new season is based around Flashpoint, which was a major time disruption. Why aren't the LoT all over Flash for disrupting the time line?

But also, how do Supergirl and Krypton fit into the universe? I can kind-of fit the other three together, but am at a loss as to how Supergirl fits in. I guess with Superman out of the picture, that is an easier problem than it might be, as otherwise wouldn't Superman be making appearances here and there to sort out the bigger problems that are occurring?

Edit: Regardless of the above, I find the shows to be good fun. I'm OK if not everything makes sense, as long as there enough interesting bits.

Thx!
TomB

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
yeah the Time Master not monitoring Flashpoint seems to be one of those comicbook loopholes but perhaps the Speedforce makes the anomalies undetectable to their sensors. Even within their own show, the LoT crew haven't picked up on Reverse Flash's activity either and really I can only recall them tracking the energy surges of anachronistic technology (like the crashed timeship)

As for Supergirl, thats easy. It was established last season (thus not a spoiler) that 1. The flash can travel across dimensions to alternate earths, 2. Cisco has the ability to open breaches to those alternate earths and 3. Supergirl is from an alternate earth where neither Arrow nor Flash exist.

Perhaps on Barry's Earth-1 Krypton was never destroyed and so the Els never got rocketed into space - thats not been explained.

The interesting thing with this storyline is that it goes full comicbook. Up until now we've had Arrow = Badass normals (+magic), Flash = Metahumans and Supergirl = Aliens, now we get a mash-up of all of them and (a version of) the Justice Society to boot

tomBitonti

Adventurer
As for Supergirl, thats easy. It was established last season (thus not a spoiler) that 1. The flash can travel across dimensions to alternate earths, 2. Cisco has the ability to open breaches to those alternate earths and 3. Supergirl is from an alternate earth where neither Arrow nor Flash exist.

Wait, then how do they know about each other?

That does help with the story worlds not meshing -- they are different worlds so of course they don't!

The interesting thing with this storyline is that it goes full comicbook. Up until now we've had Arrow = Badass normals (+magic), Flash = Metahumans and Supergirl = Aliens, now we get a mash-up of all of them and (a version of) the Justice Society to boot

Yeah, it's quite a ramp up from the Arrow beginning, which is (or seems to be) wholly mundane. As far as I can tell, Arrow/Green arrow is not super in the sense of Flash or Supergirl.

Thx!
TomB

Ryujin

Legend
yeah the Time Master not monitoring Flashpoint seems to be one of those comicbook loopholes but perhaps the Speedforce makes the anomalies undetectable to their sensors. Even within their own show, the LoT crew haven't picked up on Reverse Flash's activity either and really I can only recall them tracking the energy surges of anachronistic technology (like the crashed timeship)

Perhaps on Barry's Earth-1 Krypton was never destroyed and so the Els never got rocketed into space - thats not been explained.

The Flash from this series might be from the "Powergirl" universe, rather than the "Supergirl" universe. Or it could be something completely different. By bringing them all in separately they have the ability to play mix 'n match with the multiverse.

*EDIT* I'm finally getting to see the cross-over episode of "The Flash." I had no idea how prescient my comment in the other thread was about "live action Superfriends" until I saw the hangar (the Hall of Justice from the Superfriends cartoon).

Last edited:

Remove ads