Your Most Anticipated RPG Of 2017?

For the last couple of years, I've held a poll to find out what the most anticipated games of the coming year are; and that time has rolled around again! First of all, I need nominations, though. Please let me know in the comments what your most anticipated full roleplaying game of 2017 is! Remember that's full (tabletop) roleplaying games - not supplements, adventures, settings, sourcebooks, and so on. The game must have a currently scheduled release date in 2017.

For the last couple of years, I've held a poll to find out what the most anticipated games of the coming year are; and that time has rolled around again! First of all, I need nominations, though. Please let me know in the comments what your most anticipated full roleplaying game of 2017 is! Remember that's full (tabletop) roleplaying games - not supplements, adventures, settings, sourcebooks, and so on. The game must have a currently scheduled release date in 2017.

I'll take nominations for a few days before setting up the official poll.

1d89_d20_bowl_set.jpg

SaveSave

Pjack

Explorer
Second "Blades in the Dark".

And I'm going to make an argument for adding the "Adventures in Middle Earth Loremasters Guide". Yes, the Player's Guide came out in 2016, but (from the reviews I've heard) it's not really fully playable without the Loremaster's Guide. And yes, it does use the D&D 5e OGL rules as a framework, but (again, from what I've heard) the feel of the game is such a broad departure from D&D 5e that it can't just be called a "setting" book.

trystero

Explorer
RuneQuest (4th Chaosium edition/7th overall edition)
Robert E. Howard's Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
Blue Rose

imagineGod

Legend
Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of (also called Robert E. Howard's Conan) by Modiphius using the 2d20 System created by Jay Little (who created the excellent Star Wars ruleset for Fantasy Flight Games).

The cover art by Gerald Brom is a good selling point too.

Oryzarius

Strigiform Storyteller
Supporter
The Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game (Powered by GURPS), funded as a 2016 Kickstarter and releasing in August 2017.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
N.O.W., if I guess right on plans to release material for it this year. The last Modern-type RPG of that nature I really enjoyed that wasn't superhero or Hero system was d20 Modern.

Otherwise, I'm cautiously optimistic about Starfinder.

CFong

First Post
In no particular order:
  • Conan (Modiphius)
  • Star Trek Adventures (Modiphius)
  • Cthulhu Confidential (Pelgrane Press; a GUMSHOE one-on-one RPG)
  • Witcher (R. Talsorian Games; not sure if it'll be released this year, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't see it until 2020 (jk), but mentioning it just in case.)
  • Starfinder (Paizo; praying that it streamlines Pathfinder rules a tad)
  • Pugmire (this was on Kickstarter - medieval, post-apocalyptic fantasy with anthropomorphic dogs and cats)
  • Open legend RPG (this was also on Kickstarter; Matt Mercer & Ed Greenwood are involved)
  • Mutant Crawl Classics (Goodman Games)

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Seeing the Blue Rose setting updated with the Fantasy AGE rules is an exciting prospect.

For my part, I’m cautiously optimistic about the Starfinder RPG. Pathfinder has gotten pretty creaky and overstuffed, and this seems like it could be a much-needed fresh take.

As long as everything in Pathfinder isnt just usuable in Starfinder. If it IS, then Starfinder is doomed.

ddaley

Explorer
How many "most" anticipated RPGs can we have? :) If only one, then probably Trudvang. I did back Trundvang at the Adventurer level. Can't wait.

I am looking forward to (all of which I backed on kickstarter):

1. Trudvang
  2. Mutant Crawl Classics
  3. High Space
  4. Pugmire (almost forgot about this one!)

My vote is for Trudvang Chronicles. Missed the kickstarter =(

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads