Your Most Anticipated RPG Of 2017?

For the last couple of years, I've held a poll to find out what the most anticipated games of the coming year are; and that time has rolled around again! First of all, I need nominations, though. Please let me know in the comments what your most anticipated full roleplaying game of 2017 is! Remember that's full (tabletop) roleplaying games - not supplements, adventures, settings, sourcebooks, and so on. The game must have a currently scheduled release date in 2017.

For the last couple of years, I've held a poll to find out what the most anticipated games of the coming year are; and that time has rolled around again! First of all, I need nominations, though. Please let me know in the comments what your most anticipated full roleplaying game of 2017 is! Remember that's full (tabletop) roleplaying games - not supplements, adventures, settings, sourcebooks, and so on. The game must have a currently scheduled release date in 2017.

I'll take nominations for a few days before setting up the official poll.

1d89_d20_bowl_set.jpg

SaveSave

ddaley

Explorer
Oh, yeah... Starfinder... I haven't touched Pathfinder in years, but am looking forward to checking out Starfinder.

In no particular order:
  • Conan (Modiphius)
  • Star Trek Adventures (Modiphius)
  • Cthulhu Confidential (Pelgrane Press; a GUMSHOE one-on-one RPG)
  • Witcher (R. Talsorian Games; not sure if it'll be released this year, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't see it until 2020 (jk), but mentioning it just in case.)
  • Starfinder (Paizo; praying that it streamlines Pathfinder rules a tad)
  • Pugmire (this was on Kickstarter - medieval, post-apocalyptic fantasy with anthropomorphic dogs and cats)
  • Open legend RPG (this was also on Kickstarter; Matt Mercer & Ed Greenwood are involved)
  • Mutant Crawl Classics (Goodman Games)

SuperSam888

Explorer
In no particular order:
  • Conan (Modiphius)
  • Star Trek Adventures (Modiphius)
  • Cthulhu Confidential (Pelgrane Press; a GUMSHOE one-on-one RPG)
  • Witcher (R. Talsorian Games; not sure if it'll be released this year, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't see it until 2020 (jk), but mentioning it just in case.)
  • Starfinder (Paizo; praying that it streamlines Pathfinder rules a tad)
  • Pugmire (this was on Kickstarter - medieval, post-apocalyptic fantasy with anthropomorphic dogs and cats)
  • Open legend RPG (this was also on Kickstarter; Matt Mercer & Ed Greenwood are involved)
  • Mutant Crawl Classics (Goodman Games)

I second all of this.

Heine Stick

First Post
Delta Green RPG - I know I know, the Agent's Handbook was released last year. However, the full version of the game, the book titled Delta Green Roleplaying Game, is set to be released in 2017.

Trudvang Chronicles - Because Trudvang Chronicles!

Interface Zero 2.0 (the Pathfinder RPG-compatible version) - Like Starfinder, Interface Zero 2.0 by Gun Metal Games makes use of the Pathfinder RPG as a rules engine, but it's a standalone game with its own classes, its own take on combat, etc.

ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - A fresh take on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game - Because The Witcher! (not 100% certain it'll be released this year, though)

pming

Legend
Does writing my own RPG's count? If so... Zombocalypse! (using Masterbook system; think State of Decay YOSE), Tahl (again, Masterbook; fantasy world/setting, humanocentric with Hackmaster 4e and Rolemaster bits n' bobs), and Gamma World 3rd Edition Revised (er...my revision of GW3rd ed, obviously).

For "outside" RPG's? Hmmmm.... honestly can't think of one. Stuff coming out 'of late' (post 2000) is just so..."hollywood". The little guys are the ones doing the cool, different, and innovative stuff. The OSR movement showed (and shows) great love of the game. I suppose maybe I could put Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (was Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea...which is an AWESOME boxed set of Conan meets 1e AD&D meets Cthulhu). Not thrilled about it being hardback format, and some of the art leaves much to be desired (very comic-booky-pathfinderesque), but if I get the cash I'll probably at least pick up the PDF.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads