D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Thanks for the information, I always like to build characters tied specifically into the setting. I quite like the Stout Halflings, and would definitely like to involve their cannibalism somehow. Either by creating a mercenary who plays up his barbarian heritage to get more jobs, or by creating a Druid who eats bears and other beasts for their strength in the same way his clansmen would eat humanoids. I might end up going for a different character depending on group composition though, and if I do, Freeport is likely to be the source of any inspiration.

That sounds cool.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Are you closed, or do you still have a spot, man?
Either way, nice idea, and best wishes!

I have six players expressing interest, and five have pitched first draft concepts, so I think we're full. I'll definitely keep a waiting list, though, in case of attrition and put your name at the top.

Sorry!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
New Artificier allowed or no? I'm assuming no, but I'm the hopeful type. I'm thinking if not I'll go with a LE Paladin of Vecna if that would be cool. As for the race I'll be looking over Volos again to see if any of the new stuff interests me.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

No UA, so no artificer, sorry.

For the paladin, Vecna would be one of the "new gods" that have popped up. He would only be tolerated openly in Helveki, as one of Asmodeus' lieutenants.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So it looks like we're full. I have put those who expressed interest, but couldn't get in, on a waiting list to be contacted in case a player has to drop out or disappears. I have changed this thread into the OOC thread for the new game. I will set up the Rogues Gallery and I think I'll have a post there for setting information as it's revealed, also.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
So now that we have our players, how do you guys want to work getting the group together? Just the typical random strangers in a tavern? Or the setting could have some sort of international adventurer's guild that you're all members of, though I'm having trouble coming up with a name. Or some other reason you're together.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I have created a Rogues Gallery thread and included the setting information we have covered so far, as well.

Awesome! i'll put something together later today. Would it be possible to add the link to the RG in the first post in this thread, and likewise, put a link to the OCC thread in the first post in the RG? This makes finding the thread much easier after we start.

FYI, my concept is crystallizing. A helveki noble, sent to The Academy by his family. He craves information, and I'm thinking of mashing up a spy/noble hybrid background. He is not in line for any power, and his uncle/cousin that are see him as a threat. He wants to shy away from court politics because he doesn't want to end up with a dagger in his back. However, he always stays informed of what is going on, ALWAYS. I'll likely go human, with the Observant feat (to emphasize his penchant for information gathering). Alignment: LN

So now that we have our players, how do you guys want to work getting the group together? Just the typical random strangers in a tavern? Or the setting could have some sort of international adventurer's guild that you're all members of, though I'm having trouble coming up with a name. Or some other reason you're together.

I find that having a bit more group cohesion works better, especially if we'll be more neutral characters (it seems a few of us will be Helveki). It would be better if we already are friends or allies, so the bond between the characters is clear. It especially sucks in pbp when there is a lone wolf that does things on their own; in my experience, this has been a game killer more often than not.
My 2 cents...
Cheers,

SG

Remove ads