D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Sir, there is no reason to draw your weapon, as I, as well as my companions, have shown that we are friends. Not only that, I am also of noble blood, and I truly empathise with your predicament, which is hopefully only temporary. I realised that these documents were important to you once I saw them, and I am returning them. To answer your question, my entire party has seen them." This last sentense, Theremin added, in case self preservation was necessary.

"Dear sir, do know that I offer my assistance as well as that of my house's, even if it is distant, to assist you in restoring your family to its rightful place." This is says with conviction, with potentially some future enlightened self interest.

OOC: persuasion [roll0]

OOC: edit: natural 1! ouch! I guess theremin won't get to marry his grand daughter ;-)

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Blushing once again, Mindra realized she had now blushed more often and more furiously this night than she had in the past several years. But once again she found herself victim of her own nature. She burned with curiosity to see the sergeant's cottage. Plus the pure perversity of now finding herself with a sergeant of the guard (or militia, or army, or whatever) when for years she had run from people like her intrigued the little rogue.

"How can I resist the chance to see the home of the big, tough sergeant's mother?" Mindra said with a genuine grin.

Mindra will walk with Alene to retrieve her gear then allow herself to be led to the cottage.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredpm
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:20 PM
Weather: 67 F; Light wind
Round 0

Ghaves shook his head, but withdrew his hand from his sword. “It is not my family I care about,” he said. “I am the last of my line. But Irene is the great-granddaughter of the Duke of Essess and rightful heir to the duchy. Her entire family was reported slaughtered in the revolution. Only a very few of the remaining nobles know the secret. If certain factions in this country found out, Irene would be murdered, as her family was. Irene herself does not even know. That is why I sent for the documents. She is getting entirely too close to that Curdy fellow. He is a nice enough chap, but we cannot be having the ducal house marrying a commoner. She needs to know the truth, and all that her duties as Duchess of Essess entail.”

Sir Ledet took a breath. “I think you for returning these to me. The Duchy owes you a great debt, and you will surely be remembered when Irene sits once more on the throne. You are a noble from Helveki, however. I am not sure how much I should trust you to keep Irene’s secret.”

Ghaves carefully rolled up the parchment and put it back inside its oiled leather case where it would be safe.

Alene laughed. “My mother was a simple house servant to Sir Ledet,” she said slipping her arm around Mindra as they headed toward the inn. On the way, they stopped at the circle forming around the large bonfire. Townsfolk were throwing in their intentions, and the incense created a sweet, aromatic smoke as their prayers went up to Sehanine, or Paladine, or whatever god to whom they prayed. Glancing at Mindra, Alene through in her intention.

When they were through, they walked toward the inn again, and Alene waited outside for the lovely elf. Soon they were walking alone through the narrow, winding streets of Bredon in the dark. They weren’t the only couple seeking shadows, as they passed a few in amorous embraces.

They reached a small cottage, and Alene pulled the latch, letting them inside. She lit a lamp by the door. “It is not much, and I do not spend a lot of time here, but it is home,” Alene said, lifting the lamp so Mindra could look around.

The cottage was a simple affair, two rooms, the living room and the bedroom, which could be seen through the door with a single bed that would be a cozy fit for two. The cottage was rather Spartan, with few furnishings. Besides the bed, the bedroom had a small wardrobe and footlocker. In the outer room was a table and chairs pulled near the fire. Against the wall leaned several stacks of painted canvases, covered a bit by clothes to protect from sunlight, an easel, and some painter’s supplies tucked away in a corner.

“You can have the bed,” Alene said as she knelt to stir up the fire. “I can put out my bedroll here, or go up to the barracks.” She glanced up at Mindra, firelight dancing hopefully in her green eyes.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16S74xUTdEk9Dk91CPQ1ebvU7SZ-vWtuY
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 15/15 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Liam, Theremin (Sayine), Coriana
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
Genealogical documents of Irene’s heritage (Theremin?)
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Nonsense. You're not going to make me sleep alone in an unfamiliar house, are you?" Mindra then quickly turned as her cheeks threatened to catch on fire. "So who painted these?"

She steps over to the canvases and starts to lift the coverings, but stops before revealing anything and glaces back to Alene to make sure it is okay.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:21 PM
Round 0

Alene gave a shy smile and came over to Mindra again. “You can look,” she said. “I painted them,” she admitted, a bit embarrassed. “I don’t...usually show them to people.”

She bit her lip and watched as Mindra flipped through. Most were landscapes from around Bredon. The mill, one of the bridges outside of town, the river. There were a couple portraits, one of Ghaves Ledet and one of Irene Ledet, one of Keladora the druidess from Timberhand, one of the reeve, Omri Bine, and a human woman Mindra didn’t recognize. All were actually very beautifully done and showed talent.

“Reeve Bine decided he didn’t want his after all,” Alene said. “He was trying to save money by not hiring a real painter, but decided it wasn’t good enough, I guess.” She shrugged. “Just shows I should stick to something I’m good at, like soldiering,” she said with a wry chuckle. “But I do enjoy it.”

She rested her hand gently on Mindra’s lower back, where the lovely green dress she wore exposed her skin, her fingers a gentle caress on Mindra’s spine.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam squirmed inwardly, but on the outside seemed to be enjoying himself.

“You are with the Church of the Dawn, are you not?” Liam asked. “Is it normal here for members of the church to spend so much time with members of a rival church?”

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:22 PM
Round 0

Sister Taichi laughed and pressed Liam’s arm with her hand as she sat next to him with her own plate and punch. “You have never lived in a small town?” she asked. She gestured around the green, even though Liam couldn’t see it, so she thought. “Nearly half of these people are Paladine’s,” she said. “How would I be able to live here if I couldn’t interact with them?” She sipped her punch. “And how would I be able to convert them?” She asked with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. “In the end, the goblins don’t discriminate against Paladine or Dawn. If the river floods, or the harvest is bad, both the prelate and I will be busy. And you and your friends didn’t seem to mind accepting healing from either one of us after the goblin raid.”

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"They are amazing," Mindra says, truly impressed. "Maybe you can paint one of me someday."

Feeling Alene's hand rub the small of her back Mindra sighs and relaxes. Normally such touching would put her on her guard, but for some reason she fells safe with the sergeant. Finally deciding that this is something she really wants, Mindra turns to Alene, wraps her arms around her waist and stands on her toes to give her a kiss.

OOC: Probably safe to say I am ready to advance to the morning. What Mindra and Alene get up to during the night is their own business. ;)

tglassy

Adventurer
“I lived in a small monastery,” Liam said. “So, you may have a hard time converting me. Still,” he leaned back, fingers clasped, smile on his face. “I wouldn’t mind seeing you try.”

OOC: I’m game for fast forwarding to the morning. We can assume things go well between Liam and Sister Taichi. Liam will level up in a dream, replacing his Eldritch Sight with the Book of Shadows.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Sounds fine. Go Alene! ;) Coriana and Theremin, I should hear from you before we advance. Coriana looked to be in a place she could, but Theremin might have some more interaction with Ghaves yet.

Remove ads