D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

tglassy

Adventurer
The ache behind his eye continued as the young woman approached.

“Thank you, Miss,” he said, taking a sip of punch, hoping the alcohol would ease his pain.

He smiled at the girl’s remark about the goblins. “I only helped a little,” he said, tapping his cloth, which still covered his eyes, with his staff. “But I do what I can.”

At her offer of food, he was about to bow out and go find a room...until his stomach betrayed him. Growling loudly at her mention of a meal, he laughed. “I suppose I must take you up in that offer, Miss.”

He held out his hand. “Would you be so kind as to lead me to a table?”

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra was surprised by her reaction to the comely sergeant. Her previous romantic experiences were pretty close to nil, having declined her friend Lea's advances and had her own rebuffed by Del. Now she found her blood racing and her thoughts becoming clouded as she danced. All she managed was a soft "Thank you" and a fierce blush when Alene complimented her dancing.

"I haven't! What is it?" Mindra asked, grabbing onto the question like a lifeline, trying to cool the feelings going through her body before she lost her head. After hearing of the writings of Intentions she pulled Alene with her towards the priestesses. Her own inclination would be the church of dawn and the new gods, but she will try to read Alene's preference as they head towards the tables.

OOC: I will have to think what Mindra will write down. And she might want to keep it secret.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredpm
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:15 PM
Weather: 67 F; Light wind
Round 0

“Of course,” Sister Taicha said, taking Liam’s hand. Her hands were soft, well cared for. She led him to the tables. “What do you like to eat?” she asked. “There is more food than you could think of!” she said with a light, lilting laugh. “Venison, boar, prairie hen, and of course beef, pork, and chicken from the farms, trout from the Cold River,” she said as they passed the meats. “Greens and vegetables, spiced apples, honey cakes, pies of all sorts, ale, wine, cider, more punch.” She paused and looked at Liam expectantly.

Alene felt the spark of attraction as well, somewhat surprised herself, though of course she had found the young elf beautiful, which is why she had approached in the first place. As the music slowed and other couples drew closer, Alene gently pulled Mindra closer as well, but kept her hold loose, in case the elf wished to not let the dance become more intimate.

Alene explained the process of Intentions and let Mindra pull her along toward the Dawn Church. The young man manning the table looked up and seemed surprised to see Alene.

“Sergeant?” he asked. “Aren’t you--”

“Button it, Private,” Alene said crisply, a bit of her command voice coming through. She gave Mindra a look of embarrassment.

“Yes, sir,” the young off-duty soldier said. He looked up at Mindra. “Would you like to fill out an Intention to Sehanine?” he asked. “Do you favor a specific god?” He started gathering up the slips of paper and pencils, handing them over to Mindra and Alene, along with the little cylinders of incense and a small bowl of softened tree sap to secure the paper with.

Alene gave Mindra a shy smile and bent over to write on her paper, pushing her dark hair behind her slightly pointed ears, the multiple earrings glittering in the light of the bonfire that had been started. She wrote in a flowing Elvish script.

OOC: @Mindra: Keeping it secret is the intention. Like a birthday wish, only they do this every month/new moon. It’s something between you and your god (usually Sehanine, the moon goddess, for the Dawn Church, but doesn’t have to be)

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16S74xUTdEk9Dk91CPQ1ebvU7SZ-vWtuY
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 15/15 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Liam (+2) AC 14 18/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 19/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 14/14 PP 11 Darkvision
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Liam, Theremin (Sayine), Coriana
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam)
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra)
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra)
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
Genealogical documents of Irene’s heritage (Theremin?)
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam chuckled as the girl listed the various dishes available. “Darlin’, why don’t you surprise me.”

The moment the girl’s back was turned, his smile fell. He looked around. Everything seemed normal. Just a village gathering, celebrating a holiday. But his ever present paranoia was kicking in.

Sitting at the table, he began to scan the area, to see if there was a reason for his unease, or if he were just being ornery. Which was entirely possible, he mused.

OOC: should have taken Insight.

Insight: [roll0]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:16 PM
Round 0

Sister Taichi helped Liam to a seat and then set about fixing him up a large, healthy plate as Liam observed.

Perhaps it was paranoia. Everything seemed as it should, a small village celebrating the monthly new moon. There were the expected petty jealousies, inter-church rivalries, and political tensions one might expect in a small town, but overall everyone seemed to get along.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Sehanine will be fine." Mindra takes the offered paper and pencil. Being completely unable to help herself, she peeks over at what Alene is writing, then bends down over the table and writes, also in flowing Elvish, 'Freedom, friends and adventure.' She stops, hesitates for a moment, then hastily adds 'True love.' She quickly rolls up the slip when she finishes and holds it out to be sealed. That task complete she turns back to Alene.

"So," Mindra clasps her hands behind her back and rocks back and forth on the balls of her feet while grinning up at Alene, "what would you like to do now?"

OOC: Mindra completely understands that the intentions are supposed to be private, and would be mortified if she was caught, but she is 100% incapable of resisting the temptation to learn a secret. Not sure what rolls would be required, but I'm thinking Perception to read the message and Deception to not get caught. ;)

Deception roll to peek: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
Perception roll to peek: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

Well, not sure if she will be able to read the message with that roll, but at least she probably won't get caught at it. :D

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:18 PM
Round 0

Mindra got a peek at Alene’s flowing Elven script as she wrote.

New friendship. More? One could hope.

Alene straightened, glancing at Mindra and blushing slightly as she caught the elf’s gaze. She rolled up the paper around the incense and secured it, then put a hand to Mindra’s back lightly as they moved out of the way for the next people.

Alene blushed again as Mindra asked what she wanted to do now.

Oh, if only you knew, little elf… the sergeant thought. She smiled.

“Well...have you gotten yourself a place to stay for the night yet?” Alene asked. “I normally stay in the barracks, but I have a little cottage in town I inherited from my mother that is available if you wanted to…” She glanced away, slightly embarrassed.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry about being MIA for the last week or so, I've been sick like a dog. Sorry that I need to backtrack a bit...

Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp

“Careful, young lord, what titles you use,” Ghaves warned Theremin, glancing toward the reeve on the steps of the inn, though he smiled and winked at the young bard. “You have done me a great service in returning my granddaughter, even more than you know.” He gave Irene a hug. “Why don’t you go on to the tower, my dear,” he told Irene, “and get some rest.”
Ghaves watched and shook his head. “That boy…” he muttered.

Rousing himself, Ghaves looked to the adventurers. “You are, of course, invited to the festivities, as well,” he said. “Please, enjoy the food and frivolity. The moon circle will begin moonrise, so be sure to stop by the temple of your choice and fill out your intentions.” He nodded to the two churches flanking the green, the stately, but clearly in need of maintenance, Church of Paladine, and the rather new, wood paneled Dawn Church. At both, citizens were stopping by a table.

“Oh, and here, please, accept this as my thanks for the return of my granddaughter.” He dug around in his pocket and came out with a purse, handing it to Coriana. It contained 60 gold pieces.

"Sir, thank you for your generosity. We have found some documents that may be of interest to you." He shows hom the genealogical documents of Irene’s heritage they have found. "Do you know why they would be interested in this, and why they would want your granddaughter to marry one of their own?"

After this conversation, Theremin takes out his lute and joins in the festivities wholeheartdly. He converses here and there, flirts profusely, and eyes the two dancing elven ladies with less than honourable thoughts.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:19 PM
Round 0

OOC: No problem, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]. Glad you’re feeling better! Time is pretty “open” at the moment, so no worries about backtracking.

Sir Ghaves Ledet looked at Theremin curiously as the half elven bard pulled out some documents, while his friends went about in the party. He looked at the scroll, and then his eyes widened, shooting a look toward the reeve across the green sitting in his chair overlooking the festivities from the porch of the Sawtooth Inn.

“Put those away!” Ghaves hissed at Theremin. Then he tugged the young man into the building behind him. It was the town hall, mostly a large, empty room, as benches and tables had been moved outside for the New Moon festivities.

Closing the door carefully behind them, the old man looked sharply at Theremin. “You said the goblins had those? Has anyone else seen them?” he demanded. His hand rested on his sword, but it remained sheathed. “I sent for those months ago. I was wondering why they had not yet arrived.”

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
80 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Sunday, Emperorweek, 1 Moon/8:19 PM
Round 0

OOC: No problem, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]. Glad you’re feeling better! Time is pretty “open” at the moment, so no worries about backtracking.

Sir Ghaves Ledet looked at Theremin curiously as the half elven bard pulled out some documents, while his friends went about in the party. He looked at the scroll, and then his eyes widened, shooting a look toward the reeve across the green sitting in his chair overlooking the festivities from the porch of the Sawtooth Inn.

“Put those away!” Ghaves hissed at Theremin. Then he tugged the young man into the building behind him. It was the town hall, mostly a large, empty room, as benches and tables had been moved outside for the New Moon festivities.

Closing the door carefully behind them, the old man looked sharply at Theremin. “You said the goblins had those? Has anyone else seen them?” he demanded. His hand rested on his sword, but it remained sheathed. “I sent for those months ago. I was wondering why they had not yet arrived.”

"Sir, there is no reason to draw your weapon, as I, as well as my companions, have shown that we are friends. Not only that, I am also of noble blood, and I truly empathise with your predicament, which is hopefully only temporary. I realised that these documents were important to you once I saw them, and I am returning them. To answer your question, my entire party has seen them." This last sentense, Theremin added, in case self preservation was necessary.

"Dear sir, do know that I offer my assistance as well as that of my house's, even if it is distant, to assist you in restoring your family to its rightful place." This is says with conviction, with potentially some future enlightened self interest.

OOC: persuasion [roll0]

Remove ads