Pathfinder 1E Weaponizing kobold wings?

Particle_Man

Explorer
There are kobold racial feats that give kobolds wings (and even a fly speed!) but I don't see how to get the ability to make natural attacks with them.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Ezequielramone

Explorer
A human has teeth but does not have a bite attack. Having an appendix does not make it a weapon. You need sharp claws, sharp teeth or strong wings to attack.
I see Gliding Wings gives wings, but it says those are too weak to fly, so I assume are too weak to attack.
And the two feats you need to actualy fly (and have strong wings) don't look like they are intended to give you an extra attack. I just don't see a kobold using his wings to attack like a dragon.
Griffons, Manticores and Hippogriff don't have wing attack, and all of them have bigger wings than a kobold.

Last edited:

Particle_Man

Explorer
Luckily there is another feat: Powerful Wings (although it has a prerequisite of Skill Focus Fly and Str 13 (not easy for a kobold!).

So given 6 feats (draconic aspect/glide/breath/paragon, skill focus (fly), powerful wings) I can get 2 wing attacks. So it is doable, but it is not easy!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
flying Kobolds are a weapon unto them selves, but gliding ones are rather limited in how I used them. I took the 2nd ed Kobold variant that flies called the Urd and made them a lethal weapon by giving them a quiver of 6 javelins each that would be thrown in a dive bomb attack. I see above the feats needed to make them fly rather then glide so if you apply those feats with a half dozen javelins thrown in a dive bomb attack, the players may find them selves in dire straits with so few as a half dozen of these air assault vehicles.

remember, Kobolds are quite crafty.

Remove ads