NPC Cards & Handouts

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anyone know if/how I can get hold of the physical cards and handouts (from RPGNow or anywhere else) without being charged an exorbitant amount for shipping to the UK?

I was able to order two hardback editions of the AP (I already have the first) without any problem - just $8 shipping. But when it came to the two sets of cards and handouts, the shipping bill alone was over $30! Not really worth it since I can always print them at my end - I just thought the physical product would be a nice little luxury.

There's a printer in the UK for books, but the only card printer is based in the US. Short of finding other people in the UK who'd want to do a bulk order, there's no way to get them shipped cheaper.

I always preferred to print my cards that way my members can take notes on the cards rather than worry about keeping the cards pristine. I can tell you what I did (you will need access to a printer).

(***Disclaimer: You should support this adventure path in every way. It is amazing and the creators deserve every dime! I do not know if they make any extra money from printing vs digital copies, but everything I've seen and bought has been amazing and worth every penny (waiting for that premium heavyweight for act three *wink wink*)***)

I made my own cards by putting the images in Microsoft Word (from the NPC cards). Then I added text below the image (similar to the "Dramatis Personae"). I then made two of these images over a 4"x6" notecard template. Most printers have a 4x6 setting so you should be good.

After printing, you just need to cut in half and BAM! personal cards!

(example of Principal Minister Harkover Lee here)
View attachment 81329View attachment Example Principal Minister Harkover Lee.pdf

(***Disclaimer2: This example is from the free first adventure path of Zeitgeist. You can put together your own by purchasing the digital NPC Cards on RPGNow***)

Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten to put the Act Three hardcover Premium version on sale. It's available now. http://www.rpgnow.com/product/19936...ution--Act-Three-The-Age-of-Reason-Pathfinder

For the record, the profit margin on the print cards vs PDF cards is pretty much the same. I think we make 25 more cents per print sale simply because we rounded the price to the nearest '99 cent' point. So if you purchase the NPC cards PDF and print it yourself, it won't bankrupt us.

If you feel supremely guilty about denying us half a gumball, you can convince a friend to subscribe to EN5ider, or to buy one of the hardcovers. :)

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Thanks for all the contributions.
[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] - that's what I thought - cards in US only. Sounds like I may have missed out on this 'premium' business, though, as I have just ordered my hardbacks. Oh well, I will have to settle for 'standard'.
[MENTION=6872519]BobertoEnFuego[/MENTION] - I whole-heartedly agree and have purchased everything (including lifetime Gold membership, or whatever it was called) including the NPC pdfs, etc. I have been busily making handouts using them, just as you suggested. My players need a 'refresher' on who's who in this campaign, as we left off at the end of heroic tier three years ago!

Remove ads