Martial Art (Grand Master Training) : Geryon's Stance of Deflection.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I have 3 variants one for each tier... with advancing amounts of damage resistance. 5 / 10 / 15

missiledeflection.png

It isnt built as a stance just named as one but I think I might like to treat the ability granted like a stance assumed as a free action or simply give it a minor action action cost. With either reflecting the effort of focusing on incoming missiles

It could even be cool if the action cost was removed in higher tier versions

"Heros do not die to random minon arrow fire damnit"

Last edited:

Item powers can have keywords, and 'stance' is just a keyword, so its perfectly feasible. It seems a little weird that it deflects things like fireballs and such though. I mean, mechanically that's cool, but just pretty odd from a flavor perspective. If its meant to be something like 'Arrow Cutting' then obviously it would only work on 'missiles'. In that case you might restrict it to single-target attacks, though that might make the whole thing not really worth bothering with. I don't know.

I have a flavor question. What particularly about Geryon makes it seem like an appropriate name to attach to this? It feels more like a kind of asian-flavor wire-fu kind of power.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I have a flavor question. What particularly about Geryon makes it seem like an appropriate name to attach to this? It feels more like a kind of asian-flavor wire-fu kind of power.
Random out of the blue name the character I actually thought of is from Full Metal Alchemist a certain Hitler reincarnation bouncing bullets with a Katana.

"He spins and whirls the glaive and the wind of the blade spinning generates enough blow back and cross flows that the fire balls expands around him more than through him"

Have you seen how the spinning staff of the ancient one in the Doctor Strange this is indeed related to the asian wire-fu etc.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
How about a defense that works for all your allies ... alah with the D&D 1e model interpretted such that martial was allowed to be awesome.... he swats the seed of the the spell in an almost delicate way altering the spell center enough to reduce the damage to not just himself but all his allies LOL

Last edited:

How about a defense that works for all your allies ... alah with the D&D model interpretted such that martial was allowed to be awesome.... he swats the seed of the the spell in an almost delicate way altering the spell center enough to reduce the damage to not just himself but all his allies LOL

Sure!

thanson02

Explorer
I have 3 variants one for each tier... with advancing amounts of damage resistance. 5 / 10 / 15

View attachment 81320

It isnt built as a stance just named as one but I think I might like to treat the ability granted like a stance assumed as a free action or simply give it a minor action action cost. With either reflecting the effort of focusing on incoming missiles

It could even be cool if the action cost was removed in higher tier versions

"Heros do not die to random minon arrow fire damnit"

Just a side note. I keep seeing this "Lance's Handbook" with your post. Care to share what it is about?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Guess I could name this Bradleys Deflection Stance

[video=youtube;0oUW1MmZjDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUW1MmZjDI[/video]

so are there any items that might enable that kind of group protection effect? Because it would be kind of bad assery

Hmmm...

I'm kind of bad at those questions, since I most always GM 4e, and thus I don't spend a lot of time pouring over which items I want, but I'm sure there are some. I mean there are definitely some powers that let you grant defense bonuses to an ally or take their place when they are attacked, etc. Certain combinations might also produce that kind of effect, like being able to divert attacks to yourself and then abort them with forced movement or something. No doubt MwaO can give you a whole recipe for something like that.

Remove ads