Martial Art (Grand Master Training) : Geryon's Stance of Deflection.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hmmm...

I'm kind of bad at those questions, since I most always GM 4e, and thus I don't spend a lot of time pouring over which items I want, but I'm sure there are some. I mean there are definitely some powers that let you grant defense bonuses to an ally or take their place when they are attacked, etc. Certain combinations might also produce that kind of effect, like being able to divert attacks to yourself and then abort them with forced movement or something. No doubt MwaO can give you a whole recipe for something like that.

So does that make [MENTION=12749]MwaO[/MENTION] our resident combo expert? ;)

MwaO

Adventurer
You might look at Insightful Warning - it gives +2 to you and all allies in a burst attack as an encounter basis - it is an Arcana Skill power. Powerful Warning, Bolstering Insight are a couple of interesting Warlord powers.

In general, though, a good defense tends to be more expensive than a good offense and a perfect defense usually ends up rewarding the DM by encouraging focus fire attacks against anyone but you. Or prolonging combat. Etc...

I tend to really hate boons, just as a head up. :)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You might look at Insightful Warning - it gives +2 to you and all allies in a burst attack as an encounter basis - it is an Arcana Skill power. Powerful Warning, Bolstering Insight are a couple of interesting Warlord powers.

In general, though, a good defense tends to be more expensive than a good offense and a perfect defense usually ends up rewarding the DM by encouraging focus fire attacks against anyone but you. Or prolonging combat. Etc...

I tend to really hate boons, just as a head up. :)

LoL reflavored items, thanks

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Quite honestly I want magic items for a particular character to be entirely optional.. similarly being a fated weilder should be an option or being what I call the atlantean soldier or the Perseus dripping with toys.... I want them all viable

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Item powers can have keywords, and 'stance' is just a keyword, so its perfectly feasible. It seems a little weird that it deflects things like fireballs and such though. I mean, mechanically that's cool, but just pretty odd from a flavor perspective. If its meant to be something like 'Arrow Cutting' then obviously it would only work on 'missiles'. In that case you might restrict it to single-target attacks, though that might make the whole thing not really worth bothering with. I don't know. .

Lets say we did go with only versus single target attacks instead of area effects how could we keep it worthwhile?

Well perhaps the stance can allow the user to split the defense gained between them and an adjacent ally....

Perhaps once a Day you can actually reflect the attack

Lets say we did go with only versus single target attacks instead of area effects how could we keep it worthwhile?

Well perhaps the stance can allow the user to split the defense gained between them and an adjacent ally....

Perhaps once a Day you can actually reflect the attack

Sure, you can 'cut arrows' aimed at anyone in your aura. Deflecting an attack would be cool.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Sure, you can 'cut arrows' aimed at anyone in your aura. Deflecting an attack would be cool.

Perhaps being able to affect area attacks would be a paragon tier add on for flavors sake... allow a healing surge to reflect an additional one per day. ;)

That kind of connects to my concept of healing surges being used for item dailies

Remove ads