House Rule : Everyone gets a free at-will : would it break anything?

Tangent, but: I'm running Epic right now, and I can't help but notice who the on-line CB cheerfully spits out Race, Class(sub-class) & Theme, but leaves out, almost peevishly it seems, PP & ED. Not coincidentally, at least some of the Essentials classes had a default PP 'built in.'

So, was post-E perhaps not so much a case of proliferating options, as re-focusing options on the Heroic Tier?

Well, I think there might have started to be some perception that 'less is more' and for whatever reason PPs were chosen to be sacrifice (though technically they didn't away). I guess I can see what the concept was there, ED is rarely used. Theme stays, but isn't mentioned in Essentials.

Thing is, total option count doesn't change, just delivery.

MwaO

Adventurer
Tangent, but: I'm running Epic right now, and I can't help but notice who the on-line CB cheerfully spits out Race, Class(sub-class) & Theme, but leaves out, almost peevishly it seems, PP & ED. Not coincidentally, at least some of the Essentials classes had a default PP 'built in.'

You have to deselect the PP. Then it will let you pick whichever one you want that you qualify for...

I mean, it doesn't show up anywhere on the printed character sheet.

Yeah, I think CB just assumes the 'default' PPs are like "no PP at all" sort of. I think it is just trying to create the idea of simplicity. It still fails, since you still have just as many powers, etc. Though of course with E-classes you generally don't actually have so many distinct powers.

MwaO

Adventurer
I mean, it doesn't show up anywhere on the printed character sheet.

I just made a quick Vampire - I'm seeing the AP actions in the class features. And then it was in the character summary. Might just be a bug given the Paragon Path is automatic. But there are at least a couple of Epic Destinies in the Essentials books. Destined Scion, at least a few others.

Remove ads