D&D 5E Dm cheat sheet

plisnithus8

Adventurer
AS a DM, my focus is on the everything except the players' stats - I let them keep track of their one character as I do all the environment and NPCs. I even ask one of the players to keep track of initiative order as I find trying to remember attack features for multiple monsters suffers if I am multi-tasking too many other things.

How many of of you DMs keep track of all your players' stats?
And if so, why?

aco175

Legend
I have shifted over the years from tracking more things like this to having the players track almost everything. I go so far as having them roll saving throws for monsters they hit with their spells. I just tell them the save bonus. They track initiative as well and spell durations or conditions. I also give them combat sheets for NPCs that may be with them and need to fight in a combat.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Apparently I have insufficient privileges to download the file. Any other way to get this file?

plisnithus8

Adventurer
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 9.38.43 AM.png

CydKnight

Explorer
I will remind players often when they need to record something like the use of a spell slot or one of their capped special abilities. I might even ask them to double check if they still have the use of certain items when it seems like they are using it more often than usual but I won't track those things.

jasper

Rotten DM
I don't track anything about the PCs. That's the player's job and I'm not concerned about cheating or errors and I don't feel a need to control everything.
I just track what you can see on the sheet. It speeds play if I know LordEntrails fighter AC is 20 and Jim wizard's DC is 12. Because sometimes some of players are slow or learning their character.
I use the sheet for homebrew and Al any suggestions to make it better?

I just track what you can see on the sheet. It speeds play if I know LordEntrails fighter AC is 20 and Jim wizard's DC is 12. Because sometimes some of players are slow or learning their character.
I use the sheet for homebrew and Al any suggestions to make it better?
Ah, that makes sense. I use FG, so all that is tracked for me as GM.

Remove ads