• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Way of the Force

G

Guest 6801328

Yes, this is tongue-in-cheek.

Well, mostly.

Way of the Force

Ancient Weapon
Starting when you choose this Tradition at 3rd level, you gain the ability to mystically imbue with pure energy a Monk Weapon you are holding. This is a free action. The weapon illuminates as if Light had been cast on it, and its damage type changes to Force. Although it has no bonuses it counts as a magical weapon for the
purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.

While wielding an Ancient Weapon you may use your Deflect Missiles against Magic Missile. Make one roll (1d10 + Dex) to determine how much damage is negated, then subtract each missile from this total. Each missile reduced to zero may be deflected back toward the attacker by making an attack roll.

You may use your Ki to empower your Ancient Weapon further. For 2 Ki you may give your weapon a +1 bonus that lasts for 1 minute. At 9th level you may spend 4 Ki to similarly empower your weapon with a +2 bonus, and at level 15 this increases to 6 Ki and +3.

Hokey Religion
Also at third level you gain the cantrip Mage Hand, although the hand itself is invisible.

You Can Go About Your Business
At 6th level you gain the ability to cast Suggestion for 2 Ki.

Trust the Force
At 11th level you gain Blindsight to 30'.

Give In To Your Anger
At 17th level your Ancient Weapon is empowered even further. Whenever you spend Ki to give it a bonus it gains the other (non-bonus) properties of a Vorpal sword for the duration.

Last edited by a moderator:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Makes a decent Guardian.

I'd like to build a whole class that does the other Jedi, and a couple Sith subclasses, based on a combo of the Monk and Warlock class structures. Not sure if the same class would do Force Adepts or not. Probably.

For your subclass, I recommend seeing if you can find a place for mastery of the Forms.

G

Guest 6801328

Makes a decent Guardian.

I'd like to build a whole class that does the other Jedi, and a couple Sith subclasses, based on a combo of the Monk and Warlock class structures. Not sure if the same class would do Force Adepts or not. Probably.

My first inclination was to write a "Force Patron" sub-class for Warlock.

For your subclass, I recommend seeing if you can find a place for mastery of the Forms.

I thought the Forms were non-canon?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My first inclination was to write a "Force Patron" sub-class for Warlock.

I thought the Forms were non-canon?

I care about canon like I care about what your position on whether the universe is teleological or mechanistic. Ie, it might be interesting for a discussion, but I don't actually actively need to know. :D

Anyway, I think that warlock class structure with monk style ki in place of spells, and some monk class features would be the perfect force user class chassis.

Give in to Your Anger
At 17th level your Force weapon is empowered even further. Whenever you spend Ki to give it a bonus, it also gains the other characteristics of a Vorpal sword for the duration.

In the end, the Dark Side awaits all who seek perfection.

Ultimate...POWER!!!

palpatine-001.jpg

Remove ads