The Party Death Spiral -- a flash back

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Nah, its just pure color. You simply retcon. "Remember last night when I told you to keep your guard up?" Except its the character remembering for himself, since his buddy is now down...

Of course, 4e does already kind of have this built in more than other editions.

arguably feint praise LOL but I see what you mean at minimum everyone might have some form of deep resources they can plumb..

In the 'good old days' only the wizard could really 'pull out the stops' (and maybe not always either, if things got bad he was probably swarmed or something). In 4e everyone has HS to burn, APs, daily powers, etc. One guy goes down, the rest 'get serious'. Obviously if EVERYONE was already cranked to the max, then that won't help, but...

Still, the idea that you don't JUST play your character, but that you have a more story-centered function in the game as a player is a good one. I could see a play style where 'playing the character' is only a small part, maybe you don't even need to play one specific character, though I think D&D isn't really going there.

i do like game play centered around my focus character.. even if a bit of fuzziness may occur around the edges like this.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
By the way biology is anti-death spiral the body triggers pain killers stronger than morphine which allow us to function while threat seems eminent.

When the threat is past we are more likely to settle in to a disabled state.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Part of me thinks of all hit points as temporary you can recover them after a short rest right
and maybe differentiating is a complication agent on the whole thing

Part of me thinks of all hit points as temporary you can recover them after a short rest right
and maybe differentiating is a complication agent on the whole thing

Yeah, in essence that's 4e for you. You basically get all your hit points back, but how many you lost affects your overall condition, until you start a-dyin'

Remove ads