Planescape Enhancing Turn of Fortune's Wheel

TheSword

Legend
Just beginning to put thoughts into planning this. Initial impressions are very good. The essential structure is fine. As is the ending. There are definite changes I would make though.

• Expand the mausoleum
  • Expand Sigil using elements from 2e and Torment (My group hasn’t played it)
  • The walking castle is cool, but I wouldn’t have it solve all journeys. I’d like there to be a lot more portal use to bring players back to Sigil.
  • just reaching the gate of each gate town is a little bit simplistic. I’d like to link the PCs to the mimic closer - it was their previous incarnations and the glitch caused it to break. Fixing the mimir is how the PCs find out bout their true selves enough to know that Shemeska has one of their incarnations.
  • I’d like the PCs original incarnations to be the ones that caused the original glitch through their actions.
  • I’d like alternative evil versions of the PCs to be responsible for some of the challenges they come across. A bit like the paranoid incarnation in Torment.
I’d like some of the action to carry over to the planes beyond.

So instead of the players following a broken mimir at the request of a fiend they’re following the clues to their own identities.

Also definitely planning on following up with the Vecna adventure.

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, I considered that path too until I remembered the skip
I suppose if you skip the skip and just run the PS adventure to level 10, that could work out nicely. And then you could work in the resolution when the PCs get to 17th level naturally? Depends on the Vecna adventure and how much leeway there is for other things at that point.

TheSword

Legend
I suppose if you skip the skip and just run the PS adventure to level 10, that could work out nicely. And then you could work in the resolution when the PCs get to 17th level naturally? Depends on the Vecna adventure and how much leeway there is for other things at that point.
The level skip is a nice effect but I think there are a few options.

• Have the level skip be a temporary benefit and then have them return to level 10 potentially caused by the wish summoning bringing them back in time.
  • Modify the levels of turn of fortunes wheel which already levels up very fast to end at level 8 and then grant a 2 level skip.
  • Allow the reconstitution to have an other effect to represent their regained memories…

My preference is the third option just need to decide what to reward them with.

pukunui

Legend
The level skip is a nice effect but I think there are a few options.

• Have the level skip be a temporary benefit and then have them return to level 10 potentially caused by the wish summoning bringing them back in time.
  • Modify the levels of turn of fortunes wheel which already levels up very fast to end at level 8 and then grant a 2 level skip.
  • Allow the reconstitution to have an other effect to represent their regained memories…

My preference is the third option just need to decide what to reward them with.
Cool. I like those ideas. I'm still a way off from being able to start a new adventure, so please do keep us posted with your plans as I may end up wanting to do the same thing (Turn of Fortune's Wheel + Vecna: Eve of Ruin).

TheSword

Legend
Cool. I like those ideas. I'm still a way off from being able to start a new adventure, so please do keep us posted with your plans as I may end up wanting to do the same thing (Turn of Fortune's Wheel + Vecna: Eve of Ruin).
There’s something about Turn of Fortunes Wheel that makes it perfect for adjusting changing characters. I wish I’d run it through the playtest period and then I could have times level 10 for when the new edition came out to solidify the players characters.

Instead I’ll probably use it to let the players try new builds with the updated edition.

TheSword

Legend
My question for the community is…

What selfish reasons would someone have to cause a splinter of the Modron March to be trapped in Gzemnid’s realm?

Other than Shemeska’s plan.

Remove ads