Planescape Planescape Pre-order Page Shows Off The Books!

Take a look at the books, poster map, and DM screen!

You can now pre-order Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse from D&D Beyond. The set comes out on October 17th.

Scroll down through the comments to see more various peeks at the books!

• Discover 2 new backgrounds, the Gate Warden & the Planar Philosopher, to build planar characters in the D&D Beyond character builder
  • Channel 7 otherworldly feats, new intriguing magic spells & more powered by planar energies
  • Explore 12 new ascendant factions, each with distinct cosmic ideologies
  • Face over 50 unusual creatures including planar incarnates, hierarch modrons, and time dragons in the Encounter Builder
  • Journey across the Outlands in an adventure for characters levels 3-10 and 17
  • Adds adventure hooks, encounter tables, maps of Sigil and the Outlands & more to your game
This 3 books set comprises:
  • Sigil and the Outlands: a setting book full of planar character options with details on the fantastic City of Doors, descriptions of the Outlands, the gate-towns that lead to the Outer planes, and more
  • Turn of the Fortunes Wheel: an adventure set in Sigil and the Outlands designed for character levels 3-10 with a jump to level 17
  • Morte’s Planar Parade: Follow Morte as he presents over 50 inhabitants of the Outer Plane, including incarnates, hierarch modrons, time dragons, and more with their stats and descriptions

2321b38bdbc2d8e550f36556ba5a79e9_1920_KR.png

Yeah I am thinking they renamed that type of Guardinal to better reflect the artwork.
Musteval was presumably drawn from the family name Mustelidae, since their appearance was originally described as ferret-like in the 3e Book of Exalted Deeds.

Honestly, not sure why a rename was necessary, even with the decision to lean into the mouse-like appearance of the original artwork rather than the descriptive text.

Last edited:

Eh, if both guardinals and archons are in the set, then that's not going to leave much room for the old celestial eladrin in the bestiary, considering what else we already know is going in there.

I think the major big name Guardianals and Archons are going into the MM, with the lesser known ones going in Planescape. So you could get a couple of Celestial Eldarin or a new Aborea Celestial race. I'm big on Onieroi, Erotes, and Muses personally.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think the major big name Guardianals and Archons are going into the MM, with the lesser known ones going in Planescape. So you could get a couple of Celestial Eldarin or a new Aborea Celestial race. I'm big on Onieroi, Erotes, and Muses personally.
There are barely any Celestials in the '14 MM, so it would definitely seem to me that is one group that will get a decent chunk of all new stat blocks next year (maybe we will see Ardlings there as low Level Celestials).

So far as I've heard, Celestial Eladrin are still a thing, at least as of Mord's Tome of Foes - it's supposedly mentioned in the Elf chapter that Feywild Eladrin (and through them basically all standard elves) are descended from fallen Arborean Celestial Eladrin, though I'd need to double check because I've never really delved into that section particularly deep.

Ultimately though, the planes are infinite, so I'm more of "both and" type rather than "either or". Plenty of room in Arborea for big chunks of the Greco-Roman mythos too, particularly since it historically doubles as Olympus anyway.

Last edited:

So far as I've heard, Celestial Eladrin are still a thing, at least as of Mord's Tome of Foes - it's supposedly mentioned in the Elf chapter that Feywild Eladrin (and through them basically all standard elves) are descended from fallen Arborean Celestial Eladrin, though I'd need to double check because I've never really delved into that section particularly deep.

Ultimately though, the planes are infinite, so I'm more of "both and" type rather than "either or". Plenty of room in Arborea for big chunks of the Greco-Roman mythos too, particularly since it historically doubles as Olympus anyway.

Yeah Olympus is right in the name.

Remove ads

Remove ads