Planescape Planescape: Here Are The Disclaimers!

Every D&D book these days has an amusing 'disclaimer' at the front, and the new Planescape slipcase set is no exception. Thanks to Veltharis ap Rylix for sharing these. Sigil and the Outlands DISCLAIMER: THE FACTIONS OF THE CITY OF DOORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCIDENTALLY HAPPENING UPON THE CAGE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING...

planescape-5e-adventures-in-the-multiverse-hero.jpeg

Every D&D book these days has an amusing 'disclaimer' at the front, and the new Planescape slipcase set is no exception. Thanks to Veltharis ap Rylix for sharing these.

Sigil and the Outlands
DISCLAIMER: THE FACTIONS OF THE CITY OF DOORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCIDENTALLY HAPPENING UPON THE CAGE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: UPSET STOMACH, NAUSEA, EXISTENTIAL DREAD, CLEITHROPHOBIA, OR AN IRRESISTIBLE URGE TO WAX POETIC ABOUT PHILOSOPHIES RELATING TO THE MULTIVERSE.

Morte's Planar Parade
DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK IS TRUE—EXCEPT THE PARTS THAT AIN’T. THE PLANES CHANGE, COINS AND THREATS ADJUST A FEW DETAILS, BORING BITS GET MORE COLORFUL. YOU KNOW HOW IT IS. WHAT’S WHAT? YOU’RE A CAGEY SORT, CHIEF. I KNOW YOU’LL FIGURE IT OUT.

Turn of Fortune's Wheel
DISCLAIMER: FORTUNE’S WHEEL WELCOMES GUESTS AND CURRENCIES FROM ALL PLANES, REALITIES, AND TIMELINES. THE HOUSE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM (FINANCIAL, PHYSICAL, EXISTENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE) ENDURED DURING GAMES OF CHANCE, IN INTERACTIONS WITH GUESTS OR HOUSE SECURITY, OR BY RUNNING AFOUL OF THE PROPRIETOR. GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
Those are so cool and funny.

For a moment I thought it was the modern WOTC 5e disclaimers of TSR 2e source books.
Yeah like some silly thing saying "The beliefs of the factions in these books are purely fictional and are not based on any real-world religious doctrines. Such comparison are purely coincidental" or some such nonsense.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Those are so cool and funny.

For a moment I thought it was the modern WOTC 5e disclaimers of TSR 2e source books.
Those would be fun to do retroactively.

I probably spent the most time reading the 1st edition DMG out of any book, so how about:

DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY TO USER FROM USE OF UNIDENTIFIED MAGIC ITEMS, BOTHERING WIZARDS FOR PURPOSES OF REMOVING PETRIFACTION, PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS FROM PSIONIC COMBAT, INJURIES OBTAINED WHILE SPENDING THE WEALTH APPROPRIATE TO LEVEL, USE OF WEAPONS WITH INAPPROPRIATE SPEED FACTOR, ATTEMPTS TO IMPLEMENT FORMS OF GOVERNMENT LISTED, USE OF HERBS, SPICES, AND MEDICINAL VEGETABLES, TIME LOST FROM READING ITEMS NOTED IN APPENDIX N, OR DISEASES OR PARASITES CONTRACTED FROM INTERACTING WITH INDIVIDUALS LISTED IN THE TABLE ON PAGE 192.

Remove ads

Remove ads