Conscripting the Enemy... Diplomancy and the Intimidator Man.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I

Diplomacy might convince an enemy you seem harmless so they do not attack you right now ... similar in reverse to the intimidate effect its less likely to work on a bloodied enemy or atleast one you have personally attacked.

That might be a bluff rather than diplomacy unless you really want to prevent a fight... it does happen! honest.
but either way more convincing if you hadn't attacked

darkbard

Legend
I think it was even true pretty much back in the days of AD&D when I'd basically have the bad guys run at the point where it seemed like they were just dropping without really having any visible impact on the party vs bothering to roll a bunch of dice.

Which makes mindless undead and constructs more meaningful than their often imperceptible threat level would indicate. They won't flee under any circumstances.

Which makes mindless undead and constructs more meaningful than their often imperceptible threat level would indicate. They won't flee under any circumstances.

That was one thing about 'em, though something like skeletons or zombies didn't stay threatening for long, unless you were real crazy-heads and left your cleric home. I mean, there was even a comic strip about not doing that, so...

Remove ads