Anyone played the new Dark Eye

HobbitFan

Explorer
I've read online that Ulisses Spiele North America has released an English language version of the famous Dark Eye RPG. Has anyone played this? I also see that there is a setting book that just came out in English too.

pogre

Legend
I've read online that Ulisses Spiele North America has released an English language version of the famous Dark Eye RPG. Has anyone played this? I also see that there is a setting book that just came out in English too.
Nope. Bought it. Read it. Sold it. The basic book has constant references to tons of other books. I was hoping for a more complete game in one book. Interesting mechanics with the triple d20 roll though.

Derren

Hero
I remember playing an older version way back. Nice setting with lot of inspiration from medieval Europe. A lot more down to earth than similar D&D settings. It could get rather dice heavy when wizards were involved and some combats could drag a little with parry unless you ganged up on targets, but I don't know if this applies to the current edition

And nice art, including the murderstork.
http://pechschwinge.deviantart.com/art/It-s-coming-for-you-667807069

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
DSA is set up in a way that you will always need to refer to past books, no matter which version, because it is a living world. The rules for 5th edition simply assume you want to play a changed set of rules. The world stays the same and you need to know it. At least if you want a continuing world, which is super important to many many German speaking players.

The rules for 5th edition have, as far as I have heard, changed only a little. I don't play the system, I DM with Pathfinder or Librum.

Remove ads