New Alien movie: yea or nay?

Robyo

Explorer
I think it's called Alien: Covenant or something. The first two films of the franchise are the best. It took a dive after that. AVP? Please. (I did enjoy the Predator and Predators films however).

With Ridley Scott at the helm of Prometheus, I was so looking forward to it. And so disappointed. Great design, sure. Some good acting... but script was terrible. Motivations, dialogue, plot mostly (the Engineers prelude was ok) just subpar.

All that being said, I'll probably go see the newest one. The trailer doesn't look terrible.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very hopeful. It looks great. But Prometheus looked great at this point, too, so I should probably lower my hopes. I expect we'll see it opening night.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

ccs

41st lv DM
Solidly neutral.
I'll probably wait & see it when it hits our local $ theatre. I wasnt impressed by Promethiuos so I'm not expecting too much out of this one.

I'm excited (but also haven't seen the trailer, nor do I care to).

To put this in perspective: I am a huge fan of the original Alien and Aliens (and H.R. Giger in general). I can find some entertainment in 3, AvP, and AvPR even though I don't think they're in the same league as the first two. And I legitimately enjoyed Prometheus and found it got better on subsequent viewings (as opposed to say, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them or Star Wars I to III, prequels that gets worse with each viewing).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Rewatching Prometheus right now. Not as bad as I remember. They're no more dumb than Hudson was.

Robyo

Explorer
Okay, just watched it and must say Alien Covenant is awesome. Much better than Prometheus. There are still a few duh moments (don't go into that obviously dangerous alien spaceship!), but it kept my attention and the characters were tolerable. The story was pretty good too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I saw it last week. Loved it! It's not perfect but it's miles ahead of Prometheus, Alien 3, or Resurrection.

Remove ads