Optimize my Warforged Warlock

Ted Cahill II

First Post
Starting a game in a week in a generic setting. I got permission to play a warforged, although they don't exist as a race, I am unique.

I'm going to be a warlock but I'm going to play it as if I'm unaware of where my abilities come from, and I assume they are all mechanical/magic things I was built with.

We're playing E6 so I will eventually have plenty of feats, but I could use a hand here.

I rolled an 18, 17, 14, 14, 12, 10. Was planning Str 14, Dex 18 (with level 4 point), Con 20 , Int 12 (with racial), Wis 12, Cha 8 (with racial). I don't plan to use any invocations that allow a save, so low Cha won't be an issue.

So far I was thinking of getting Mithril Body, and Shocking Fist for feats. Not sure what else to do with my feats in general.

Was going to take Hideous Blow, Hammer Blast, See the Unseen and Fell Flight for invocations.

We get to start with level 5 starting gold.

I want to stay away from anything that feels to magic-y, and stick to things that my character can write off as being mechanically a part of him (like fell flight being rockets in his boots, or eldritch blast being a laser). Help!

Ted Cahill II

First Post
Hideous Blow is pretty bad. Consider Eldrich Glaive instead.

In this case hideous blow is necessary to combine with shocking fist.

As a warforged I have a natural slam attack that deals 1d4+STR. Shocking fist allows me to deals myself up to 4 damage, and for each damage I deal to myself I add +1d4 electricity damage to my slam attack. Hideous blow will add my blast damage to my slam as well. So I would have a slam attack that deals 5d4+3d6+2 (10 - 44 damage, 25 damage on average) . I couldn't do that if I was using eldritch glaive.

Complete mage + ask your dm: you can deliver touch attacks via the improved unarmed strike feat. Eldricth blast is declared a weaponlike spell like ability. You should be able to deliver Eldricth glaive attacks unarmed.

Remove ads