I Discovored D&D Later In Life Than I Would Have Liked And I Worry That....

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
So here is my concern ( a part of me already knows its silly) I found D&D near the end of collage and picked it back up a few months ago (i am 26) I really enjoy it but I'm worried I may lose my nerd self as I grow up and get older. Was wondering if anyone could offer any insights. I already have started to struggle to play video games (which makes me sad cause it has been a big part of my life). D&D lately has actually been my go to over games though (i find it more stimulating cause i can create, grow, imagine, and engage my mind alot more) I'm hoping that trend will only grow deeper as I age. I am growing fulfilled in many areas of my life outside my nerd self (which didn't used to be the case) I guess i'm just sad thinking If that continues I'll lose the nerd in me.

Hopefully someone can tell me I'm dumb and can enjoy fantasy into my 80's haha (at least 40's)
I'm half a century old and have been playing D&D (off and on) since I was a HS Freshman.

You might find yourself migrating towards the DM screen over time.
You might want to write a book (suitable for publishing on DMsGuild) so everybody else can do cool stuff, instead of doing all the cool stuff yourself.
Both of these are good things and you should enjoy the journey, not be frightened of it.

BoldItalic

First Post
Did I already post in this thread? I remember was going to but I don't remember doing it. Oh, well.

Ignore all these youngsters. Bah! What do they know about being old? It gets hard to read the books because the print is tiny, you can't remember where you left the dice (try looking in the fridge), all the other players are doing incomprehensible things with idiot-phones, everybody mumbles all the time and the DM's are all far too young and think they know it all. Take it from me, when you get past 70, gaming is all there is left to live for and if it wasn't for the regular Thursday D&D sessions, you wouldn't even know which day of the week it was.

Also, the older you get the more grandchildren appear and they are great for playing D&D with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases