• Covenant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien vs Predator

• AvP Requiem

ccs

41st lv DM
Really it's a tie between Alien & Aliens for me. Ones a horror movie, the other an Action movie.
But I could only pick one, so I chose the Action.

After that? IMO it's just a series of increasingly bad sequels. With the Predator ones being the worst.

*I haven't seen Covenant yet. But given that it follows Promethius, & I liked that less than 3 & Ressurection, I'm not expecting much. Though I doubt it'll be worse than the ones with the Predators....

Ryujin

Legend
Aliens is #1 for me. No question. I like military SF, both written and on screen. I'm not so big on SF horror, but Alien is my #2. The rest that I've seen (which means not Covenant) I can take or leave except for Prometheus, which I can just leave.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It was Aliens for me, too. And that film is so quotable.

I have a couple of friends who can name every one of the marines (that's a harder job than naming the 7 Dwarfs).

Alien is #2. Then Covenant. I struggle to watch any of the others though.

Ketherian

Explorer
It's a really tough call for me. Alien was definitive - changing monster and suspense movies forever. The writing, the scene selection - it's all really good. Aliens had such amazing tech. And such lines that hinted at a huge universe! Then again there was AvP which was one of the best b-flicks I've ever seen.

Aliens 3 and Resurrection are forgettable. 3 never quite managed to recapture what (I think) was an attempt at the suspense and terror of the first film; although the dog alien was really cool. I have no idea what they were going for with Resurrection, but ti did not impress.

Promethius was weird. I know it's supposed to be part of the Alien series, but to me it's just a very strange sf movie. I like it but I don't understand it. It certainly had me jumping and quite freaked out at what happens to one of the characters. But it's ponderously slow. The tech is beyond amazing; and it's part of every scene, and every character's plot. Good SF. Odd writing.

Covenant I've not seen.

AvP Requiem was a gore fest of a movie. It lacked the suspense of the first Alien movie, the skill of the first Predator movie, and the fun of the first AvP. It failed as a sequel.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
AvP Requiem was a gore fest of a movie. It lacked the suspense of the first Alien movie, the skill of the first Predator movie, and the fun of the first AvP. It failed as a sequel.

It was just your standard slasher horror flick, with an Alien and a Predator inserted.

Ryujin

Legend
From the trailers, Covenant seems to be a spiritual child of the first movie. It looks like it has much the same beats as the original. Hopefully it stays in theatres for a while, because I otherwise won't have a chance to see it.

was

Adventurer
..The only one that I haven't seen is Covenant. From the rest of them, I'd put the original on top.

Robyo

Explorer
Aliens #1

Original Alien #2

Alien Covenant #3

I think I liked Covenant better over all than the original, but the original was much more, uh "original."

Remove ads