Human Ftr/PsyWar build

Kerrwyn

First Post
A couple of days ago, I posted a thread about a bastard sword using fighter headed for the Iaijutsu Master PrC. Unfortunately, my DM talked me down from playing it. Said it was uber-powerful. Anyways, he said he'd let me play a human fighter/psychic warrior, as long as I took fighter first. Now, I know very little about psywars, so I'm asking for a little help. I'm thinking about using a spiked chain, but I don't know. Is there a better weapon?
Anyways, my stats are 18, 17, 16, 16, 12, 14, and I have to start 1st level as a fighter. From there, have fun! Thanks for the help.
Oh, BTW, I can use any WotC book, including Dragon.

Kerrwyn

First Post
3d6 ten times, drop low four. I roll good for stats, but I pay for it with low-end HP rolls and initiative. If I get Improved Initiative, I guarantee my Init roll to be a 6 9 out of 10 times.

DM_Matt

First Post
Mahali said:
Drop the fighter and go straight PsyWarrior.

Definately. PsiWars get plenty of bonus feats AND weapon specialization. A few more bonus feats isnt worth losing the additional powers and the PP that you never seem to have enough of.

Psiwars are slightly better unarmed than armed, becuase more powers apply to natural attacks than others. If you take that route, take the Diamond Warrior PRC from the WOTC website and you'll be good to go (and a better unarmed combatant than a monk, particularly if you dont fight that many times a day)

EDIT: Didn't see that your DM mandated it. Thats unfortunate. Why did he do that? Try not to take more than one or two levels in it then.

Last edited:

Technik4

First Post
As others have said, try and talk your DM into letting you play a straight psywar (better starting skills). You can always pick up levels of other classes later if you wish.

Technik

Willtell

First Post
--

if you have expertise, improved trip, knockdown, stand still and a spiked chain:

1. An opponent moving more than 5ft provokes an aol when he moves within 10ft of you (spiked chain).

2. if you hit he has to make a fort save (10 + dmg taken) or stop where he is (stand still).

3. If the damage you cause with the aol is ten or greater you can try and knock him down (knockdown).

You can try this more than once per round (with combat reflexes), a charging enemy will provoke the aol at 10ft (with the hold the line feat)

Remove ads