Stat limit of 20?

FarBeyondC

Explorer
Rules as written clearly state that Adventurer's can only have ability scores as high 20 at character creation. I don't have a Player's Handbook handy but I can look up the page number and post it later if someone else does not.

If you're talking about page 173 of the PHB:

2nd Paragraph of Ability Scores and Modifiers Section of Chapter 7: Using Ability Scores said:
A score of 10 or 11 is the normal human average, but adventurers and many monsters are a cut above average in most abilities. A score of 18 is the highest that a person usually reaches. Adventurers can have scores as high as 20, and monsters and divine beings can have scores as high as 30.

Then I'm going to have to disagree. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait.

CydKnight

Explorer
If you're talking about page 173 of the PHB:

Then I'm going to have to disagree. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait.
You can disagree if you like but the last sentence of the paragraph you cite pretty clearly states that Adventurer's can only have an ability score as high as 20. There are a few exceptions which allow for it to go higher like the Barbarian's Primal Champion feature or certain magical items/artifacts or optional "Boons" at 20th level but not at character creation. Of course you can always Homebrew whatever rules or rules interpretations you like.

Remove ads