D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

tglassy

Adventurer
The attacks hit, even without bless! The Revenant's bones crunch under the assault, but it is still moving!

OOC: The captain of ship 2 has a good view of most of the ship. The Captain of Ship 1 is flying behind you, and will be catching up in a round or two. As for line of sight, you could hide behind a barrel or something, but other than that you'd have to be below deck or something. Although, keep in mind each Captain can only do one Counterspell a round, and they have to expend high level spell slots to do it.

Figure it out!

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - You're right of course, please accept my heartfelt apologies. I am guilty of profoundly overthinking this.)

Bunny hopped angrily, and gestured at the oncoming revenant. A wave of flames exploded out from the soles of her feet and raced along the ship's deck, leaving a little black etched mark in its wake. It coiled up under the walking undead and roared up into a bonfire!

(Create Bonfire cantrip targeting the damaged Revenant. DC 15 dexterity save or take [roll]2d6[/dice] fire damage. At your option, it could potentially set a wooden deck on fire too.)

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: We are back!

Thankfully, I gave an update to the situation before going offline, so here it is:

Ship 1 - Touching your ship.

*Captain - Flying behind and quickly catching up.
*Revenant 1 - Barely Injured
Revenant 2 - Uninjured
*Wight 1 - Nearly Dead
*Wight 2 - Badly Injured - Turned
*Wight 3 - Badly Injured
Skeleton Crew - Down to half crew

Ship 2 - 5 feet away from your ship

Captain - Uninjured
*Revenant 3 - Uninjured
*Revenant 4 - Uninjured
*Wight 4 - Turned
*Wight 5 - Turned
*Wight 6 - Uninjured
Skeleton Crew - Uninjured

Unfortunately, that means it's the remaining Revenant and second Captain's turn.

Oddly enough, only Dougie has been hit, and the rest have only used some spell slots. Makes life a little easier. Once this fight is over, I need to be a little more organized with the hit points and such.

The remaining Revenant looks at Dougie with hatred, lunging at him. He grabs hold, while Dougie impales the creature with his sword. The Revenant smiles, then pulls Dougie into the gap between ships, taking both of them into the waters below.

The second ship's captain laughs again as all the party members seem to feel some kind of buzzing in their heads. It grows louder and louder, until it is all they can hear, and the pain begins to swell.

OOC: Int saving throws, please. Once those are done, I will announce the next round, as a newcomer will be appearing!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC:
Just in case not everyone is getting these notifications:
[MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]

tglassy

Adventurer
The mental feedback overwhelms Fulgrim and Galahad, searing their minds with grotesque images of slack jawed faces mindlessly serving an enormous brain.

Bunny and Tycho manage to fight it off and push away the intruding thoughts.

OOC:
Fulgrim and Galahad both take 22 psychic damage, and are both stunned for 1 minute. Attacks against you have advantage, and you are incapacitated and can speak only falteringly. You fail all Dex and Str saving throws until you break out of it. You may repeat the Int saving throw, DC 16, at the end of each turn in an effort to end the effect.

The enemy combatants from both ships howl with glee as the angels, previously keeping them off the party's ship, disappear as Galahad's concentration ends. They prepare to jump aboard the ship. The other captain, flying behind, is quickly closing in.

In the heavens, a ball of fire emerges, falling from the sky at breakneck speeds. It slams into the party's ship, a wave of white fire spreading out in all directions, washing over everything but leaving it unburned.

As the flame dies, a figure can be seen kneeling in its place. He stands, appearing human, but glowing with an inner light. That light fades quickly, but not entirely, as he looks around to see the problems at hand.

OOC:
Introducing Amitiel. I saw your backstory, but decided to give you a showy entrance. We're going to say you just got cast from heaven, but managed to sneak your Tome out, and you have knowledge of magics the world has, in many ways, forgotten.

The party is up! Galahad and Fulgrim are effectively down. Here is the rundown once more:

Ship 1 - Touching your ship.

Captain - Flying behind, one round from catching up.
Revenant 1 - Barely Injured
Revenant 2 - Uninjured
Wight 1 - Nearly Dead
Wight 2 - Badly Injured - Turned
Wight 3 - Badly Injured
Skeleton Crew - Down to half crew

Ship 2 - 5 feet away from your ship

Captain - Uninjured
Revenant 3 - Uninjured
Revenant 4 - Uninjured
Wight 4 - Turned
Wight 5 - Turned