World of Low'verok

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia gives Rokelsh the evil eye. "You are a barbarian. How can you think the way you do?"

This is an argument they have had many times before. The 'Nasty brute' VS the gentle cleric Neither wins the argument but both think they have.

G

Guest 11456

Gaoi moves along with the others. "Shall we stable the horses and then check on our cargo?" He continues on...

outlands

First Post
Noddy looks about as they walk through town, smiling wistfully. So much like home had been - the people intent on their business, heads usually bowed as if under some great burden. Hm, more humans here...not too much in the way of variety. Port Lyalee had certainly been more cosmopolitan in that respect. Still, there was commerce - coin to be made and lost, honestly or otherwise.

Noddy hopped up into the loop hanging from the back of the wagon, settling into it like a child's swing. He was frequently mistaken for one of the groupmember's child - he had especially fond memories of a particular serving-wench having mistaken him for the offspring of Elexia and Syrrian. As if *that* pair would ever mate! The memory of the earfull she got from the both of them - while Noddy had laughed himself sick over the rum she had not wanted to serve him - was enough to make him chuckle all over again.

His novel mode of travel drew the attention of a pair of fish merchants - was there *any* other type of merchant in this town? - and Noddy considered blowing a kiss at the brunette. Instead he smiled and waved like a travelling child might.

As he turned his thoughts back to the issue of a name for their company, he fished out his recorder and began playing a soft accompanyment to the Elven singing.

There was the "Animal's Object" pattern to follow, as well as its related variants of "Deity's Object" and "Location's Object." Those were easy, and let to rather common ends. Still, there was something to being easily remembered...

Thels

First Post
Damien ignores the bickering between Elexia and Rokelsh. It has happened too often for Damien to take it seriously. Replying to Gaoi: "Sure, let's get settled and then investigate about what's going on around here and the herbs." As the group walks through the streets, Damien tries to keep up a happy smile against the bypassers besides the bugs and stench as he leads his horses towards the Golden Gryphon.

outlands

First Post
Noddy stood up in his riding-loop, trying to find Syrrian. Being short was a lot of work! He scrambled up the back of the wagon to stand on its edge. Ah, there was the dark-maned elf!

"Hey, Da! Da! I've another idea. How does 'Fate's Drifters' ring for you?" No sense in advertising his true heritage when a little ... misdirection could work to his advantage.

He held his arms out, balancing against the lazy sway of the wagon-team. As long as all he had to do was concentrate on the motion of the carriage, everything would be fine...maybe one day a little juggling, but *not* today!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The passing townsfolk look somewhat interested in the band of traveling adventurers. The chestnut-haired fisherwife waves back at Noddy, then turns her attention back to lugging her basket of fish to the market.

The party is able to find the Golden Gryphon without too much trouble. A serious-looking young lad comes out to take your horses, conducting them to large and spacious stables. There's a remarkable lack of the typical stable smell, and indeed the yard is swept quite neatly. The boy leads each beast into its own stall, and shows Damien where his beasts can park his cart for the time being; a small lean-to on the far side of the stables closest to the inn*

"Not to worry Sun-Father," he says respectfully, "I sleep in the stables. Anyone that touches your wagon will wake up Killer, and Killer will wake up me if I don't wake up on my own." "Killer" proves to be a large, rangy dog. Anyone familiar with such animals recognizes it as swamp hound, a beast with an incredibly discriminating nose. Even through the powerful effluvia of the swamp, or even a troglodyte's stench, the swamp hound can track anything.

*The boy gives a respectful half-bow to each of the rest of you, then gestures to the door to the inn*

"My Da will see you to your rooms. I saw Fisherwife Kel bringing in today's catch, so dinner should be ready soon." His duty thus discharged, the lad returns to the stables to begin rubbing down your animals (unless anyone has any further questions or actions).

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"If you boys don't mind I'm going shopping a bit. I'll see you back here in about an hour. Gaoi, could you be a dear and get me a room. I'll be back for dinner." With that said, Elexia is off to the market. She will eventualy purchase a new traveling cloak and a lighter dress than she has on at the moment. While she wanders the market she will speak to all the children she sees, telling stories of adventure and giving out copper pieces to the needy.

G

Guest 11456

Gaoi nods to Elexia as he watches her walk toward the market. He then turns and enters the inn. He then looks for the innkeep to secure rooms for his group.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Argent said:
"If you boys don't mind I'm going shopping a bit. I'll see you back here in about an hour. Gaoi, could you be a dear and get me a room. I'll be back for dinner." With that said, Elexia is off to the market. She will eventualy purchase a new traveling cloak and a lighter dress than she has on at the moment. While she wanders the market she will speak to all the children she sees, telling stories of adventure and giving out copper pieces to the needy.
*In this town, Elexia's white and blue dress stands out, and several children dance around her as she walks to the market. They recognize the crook and call her "White Mother," listening in fascination to her stories Though the children all seem well fed, there are a few down-on-their-luck lizardfolk, thin and dirty, that appreciate Elexia's coins.

After storytime, Elexia has little difficulty finding the market. While most are starting to close for the night, she manages to get to the clothing store before the shopkeeper blows out the lamp. The cheerful sparrow of a woman is able to find a sturdy, oiled canvas traveling cloak with a hood, typical of what is worn in the swamp. *

"'Tis fair proof against rain too," she comments, "And only a piece of gold for it."

*When Elexia asks about the dress, the shopkeeper shows her material made from what she calls "quicksand silk," a silky, filmy material often used in hot climes such as this. It is made from the pods of a plant that grows around quicksand, making it somewhat dangerous to gather.*

"Come in the morning and I'll measure you. 'Twill take me a week to complete it. It will be five pieces of gold, when all in said and done."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tailspinner said:
Gaoi nods to Elexia as he watches her walk toward the market. He then turns and enters the inn. He then looks for the innkeep to secure rooms for his group.
*The Golden Gryphon is composed entirely of goldwood, a variety that has a nearly metallic sheen to it. As Gaoi enters through the stable door, a cool breeze (not of his own making) blows over him. The place is comfortably cool after the outdoors. The smell of roasting fish replaces the smell of dead ones, and is far more successful in making one hungry.

*A fireplace is along the back wall, made from black stone; above it is carved a huge gryphon. A large pot of some kind of stew is bubbling over the fire, and two smaller pots of some kind of porriage flank it. All are being tended by a heavy-looking young girl with sallow and oily-looking skin. Gaoi recognizes the girl as an ooze genasi. Across the room from the fireplace is obviously the door from the street. Across from Gaoi is a long bar, the back wall of which is lined with large barrels (presumably of ale). A door behind the bar must lead to the kitchen, as a serving girl dashes out of it with a platter of bread. Stairs on the fireplace wall closest to the stable doors must lead up to the rooms above. Sturdy round tables with several chairs are scattered around the room. The room seems mostly inhabited by outdoorsy folks; those accustomed to working with their hands rather than merchants or other townsfolk.

*Behind the bar is a tall, thin human man with dark hair and sunburned features. His hands fly amongst the barrels, drawing various drinks and putting them on the trays for the serving girls. He looks up curiously at the motion from the stable door and gives Gaoi a brief polite nod before continuing drawing drinks.*

Remove ads