World of Low'verok

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia pays the woman 3 gold up front and will pay the rest when the dress is done. She takes her new cloak and returns to the Golden Gryphon in time for dinner (I hope)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As Elexia is walking back to the Golden Gryphon, one of the lizardfolk she gifted earlier today approaches her, his head bent down, his old scales dull, and his thin hands turned upward in a manner of peace.*

"Pleasssse, White Mother, hear me. I beg you, I am innocent. I swear it to you. I swear..." the lizardman trails off, and begins to cough dryly. The coughs wrack his thin body, and he drops to a half-crouch on the ground. His covering of rags slip, and you can see what looks like the scars of old floggings cross-crossing his back, along with the results of a fresher one.

*A town watchman starts making a bee line towards both as the lizardman's coughs break the quiet of twilight.*

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Elexia stops and says "Hello child. What can I do for you? Please come with me to the Inn and we will talk and eat together." When she sees the townguard approach she takes a stance in front of the Lizardperson and says "Greetings Guardsman. How may I be of service?"

G

Guest 11456

Gaoi strolls through the room toward the bar while glancing around at the bar patrons. When he at last reaches the bar, he nods to the tall thin man and says, "Good evening sir! Might there be any rooms available? And if I am asking the wrong person, I appologize in advance." He then glances around the room while waiting for a reply from the man.

Starman

Adventurer
outlands said:
"Hey, Da! Da! I've another idea. How does 'Fate's Drifters' ring for you?"

Syrrian ponders it for a moment. "Fate's Drifters, huh." About then, the party arrives at the Gryphon. "Let's talk about it over a drink."

He follows Gaoi in and takes a seat at the bar. After Gaoi settles for his room he says to the bartender, "A glass of wine for me and whatever my friend would like, please."

Syrrian takes a few sips of his wine and then swirls it in his glass, his eyes focused on nothing as he thinks. "I don't think its catchy enough. Not to mention, it doesn't quite roll off the tongue. I have to admit, though, that I have yet to think of a name I like."

outlands

First Post
Noddy glared at the bar, fists propped on his hips. It was obvious the place didn't have much in the way of a clientele of the shorter folk. He scrambled up a sturdy barstool to face the 'keep.

"Hm. Right. Lessee." He cut his eyes at Syrrian. "Have ye got any Thunder Grog? I've a hankerin for a good mug of Thunder Grog." Seeing as how Noddy just made up the name, he doubts the 'keep would have it. But, it should be interesting to see what the 'keep will serve to a youngling out trying to act like an adult.

"Ya, I know. No real roll to the name. 'Fate's Folly' has more roll, but gives me the shivers. I had one just as I fell asleep last night and bugger me if I can remember it now." He sighs heavily. "Something musical? Half of us can sing or play, after all. Ha! The 'Travelling Staccatos!' That's got motion to it!"

He levered himself up into a chair and thought about maybe playing a bit after supper. Music was always a good thing.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tailspinner said:
Gaoi strolls through the room toward the bar while glancing around at the bar patrons. When he at last reaches the bar, he nods to the tall thin man and says, "Good evening sir! Might there be any rooms available? And if I am asking the wrong person, I appologize in advance." He then glances around the room while waiting for a reply from the man.
*The man looks up from his drink pouring, and takes a moment to wipe his hands on a rag.*

"Ah yes sir, we have two large rooms available, plenty of room for four or more in each. Rooms are three gold a night, and include supper. Stabling is four silver per beast. Breakfast is two silver. You can bathe if you wish, but towels and soap are five copper a piece. The bathing house is out back." The man looks at you expectantly. You spot the ooze genasi girl watching you as she stirs the stew and porriage; she must have realized your planar heritage. Or something. ;)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Originally posted by Syrrian:
After Gaoi settles for his room he says to the bartender, "A glass of wine for me and whatever my friend would like, please."
*The bartender regards you frankly for a minute, and strokes his chin. Then he leans under the bar and comes up with a bottle of wine. He pours it into a red glass, and sets it in front of Syrrian.*

"This is Dragoneye wine, from our lord's holdings. Good enough for elves, I've heard many say," the barkeep says with a twinkle in his eye. The wine is dark red, and sparkles as if there are flecks of gold in it.

Originally posted by Noddy:
"Have ye got any Thunder Grog? I've a hankerin for a good mug of Thunder Grog." Seeing as how Noddy just made up the name, he doubts the 'keep would have it. But, it should be interesting to see what the 'keep will serve to a youngling out trying to act like an adult.
The barkeep has to do a triple take and then a close squint at Noddy before he finally gets it. Then comes the real confusion.*

"Ah yes, sir halfling. I'm afraid I've never heard of Thunder Grog. Perhaps in Gajin or Port Lyalee, but not here. I do have Rat's Breath, and that's a powerful drink, right fair. Care for a mug?"

outlands

First Post
Noddy grins broadly, glad to see the man caught the joke.

"Nah, something light I think. Been on the road a while and just need something to clean the dust out. A good mead would do."

He looked around as the man pulled his drink.

"Would ye mind a bit of music later, after I've had a bite ta eat? I'm a fair whistler."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Argent said:
Elexia stops and says "Hello child. What can I do for you? Please come with me to the Inn and we will talk and eat together." When she sees the townguard approach she takes a stance in front of the Lizardperson and says "Greetings Guardsman. How may I be of service?"
"This old lizard ain't bothering you Sister? He tends to bother passerby, particularly if they seem generous, if you catch my meaning," the guard says, looking somewhat exasperated.

*The lizardman's coughing slowly tapers off, and he clutches Elexia's hand with desperate strength. He still kneels in the street, and his dull yellow eyes gaze at her hopefully.*

Remove ads