New Terminator from Cameron will ignore all but T1 and T2

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Her son is a hacker and seems to resent her (at the beginning of the movie), so he might post something of her, just to prove that 'Mom can't tell me what to do'.
He will of course regret it later, but when will he have time to locate his original and every copy made by others to erase them?
(We do not know that the scene from 2010 discussing erasing HAL's memories is valid in the T-universe.)

There is also the (un)lucky break when some guy with delusions of Hugh Hefner-ness sees her pass by and decides "That's one cute chick. Watch me get her; she only thinks she's a tough cookie."
:blink:

You really think either of those makes for a plausible story?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
:blink:

You really think either of those makes for a plausible story?
Yes.

The rebellious teen is so rooted in IRL that the audience will instantly identify with the situation.

The other character will be somebody the audience will cheer when the Terminator finds him on the way to its real target.

You guys know Facebook didn’t exist in the 1980s, right? By the time Facebook exists, Judgement Day (1997) already happened. No Facebook at any point in the Terminator universe. The world ends before social media is even a concept.

Man, the people in the Terminator universe are so lucky. I mean, they're all pretty much dead, which sucks, but at least they don't have to put up with Facebook.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
At this point I half expect someone to say "All this has happened before and it will happen again" or something to that effect...

Looking at this from the view of meta-physics...

So you are saying that Time is linear until somebody invents a "time machine" and bends it into cycles and loops and tangles and snarls?

MarkB

Legend

So you are saying that Time is linear until somebody invents a "time machine" and bends it into cycles and loops and tangles and snarls?

"Until" is a problematic concept in this context.

You mean something that, perhaps, could be described as "wibbly-wobbly?" Maybe even "timey-wimey?"

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
You mean something that, perhaps, could be described as "wibbly-wobbly?" Maybe even "timey-wimey?"
Given how badly The Doctor has been fouled up the last few years, I'm not sure inserting him into the Terminator Universe would result in 'He's the Doctor and he's here to help'.

Although ... the new woman-Doctor could serve as a decoy for Sarah Connor ...

Remove ads