Has anyone RPed a Triton? :)

I'm going to be a part of a new homebrew D&D 5e champaign soon and for some reason I was like "I want to play a fish" and so I discovered Triton. The thing is though, I find the whole "naive-ye olde english-expect everyone to know about the great things Triton did" thing to be lacking on the fish side of things. So, I would like to find out about the experiances you peeps have had with Triton and what weird twists you made with them so I can avoid making a 1dimensional character and become a better player in general. So yeah, anything you could share would be greatly appreciated :) Thank You :)

worldspinner

First Post
A few ideas:

When not in the water, play up the strangeness of the lower pressure and endless sky; both could cause lots of anxiety for one who grew up under the waves.

Since most have probably never seen a Triton, perhaps your character is nervous about expected reactions from people he/she meets.

Tritons are sometimes depicted as coral-sculptors, so perhaps your character the surface world through the lens of an artist, and experiences are used as inspiration for art.

A few ideas:

When not in the water, play up the strangeness of the lower pressure and endless sky; both could cause lots of anxiety for one who grew up under the waves.

Since most have probably never seen a Triton, perhaps your character is nervous about expected reactions from people he/she meets.

Tritons are sometimes depicted as coral-sculptors, so perhaps your character the surface world through the lens of an artist, and experiences are used as inspiration for art.

I like that :)

I could make her extra paranoid to the point that she'll stare up at the sky sometimes :)

I think for my fishy lady :) I think she would be jumpy about people coming up to her for dumb reasons :) like, she could be walking along and then someone asks "are you a fish?" and then she could be like "GOD DAMMIT!" cause she just wants to get on things and the novelty of being different has worn off for her :)

As for the art side of things :) I'll have to think about that :) She's kind of a Paladin/Cleric/Warrior kind of person so I'll have to think about what she would want to depict :)

Remove ads