D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew In-Character Thread 1A

Leif

Adventurer
Town Hall -- Mayor of Stone Mill

"The ransom ahh demanded is not rings, it is three ahh large diamonds. One of the two known to be in ahh Stone Mill is set in my ahh ring. The other is in the ahh pendant of the high priest of Oghma's ahh wife. As I said, we ahh do not know of a third such diamond in Stone Mill, but the ahh bandits have, nevertheless, demanded three ahh diamonds as the ransom."

Lee is looking at the furnishings, any knick-knacks, art, everywhere except at the other people in the room. Without looking at the mayor, she asks, "You aaaaah seem a bit aaaaah unsure of your-aaaaah-self. Is there aaaaah something you aren't aaaaaah telling us?" And then she turns to look at him.

OOC: Insight check, is he hiding something? [roll0]
edit: rats

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

“Yes, it is very specific,” Risia had to agree with Fiftheach. “Is there anything special about these diamonds? Are they magical? Do they hold spells, perhaps? If you don’t know of a third one, do you know where the other two originally came from?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Our heroes all stumped by the missing jewel, they are all starting to look a fool, maybe if they all keep cool, they can save the bumbling fool."

Leif

Adventurer
Town Hall -- Mayor of Stone Mill

The Mayor answers, "No, ahh, I don't ahh think that's right, because I ahh just bought my ahh diamond in Silverton ahh year before last, and the ahh priest's wife is ahh wearing a diamond that was passed down from his ahh mother. So I ahh don't see how they could have ahh possibly come from the same place. That would ahh be a coincidence beyond ahh imagination. There was ahh certainly nothing ahh magical or ahh otherwise out-of-the-ordinary about my jewel, nor ahh do I have any reason to ahh think that there was anything unusual about ahh the priest's wife's ahh jewel."

"It ahh seemed to me that the ahh diamonds were demanded as ahh ransom by the ahh kidnapping bandits because ahh they are the only ahh generally known items of such small ahh size and great ahh value that are generally ahh known by a great many ahh people to be in the town of ahh Stone Mill. But ahh you ahh fellows are the professional adventurers here, so ahh maybe you have ahh other ideas."

"You ahh might want to go ahh talk to the Priest of Diancecht when you ahh can. He's ahh quite a young fellow, but ahh he is surprisingly well-ahh-grounded and wise beyond his ahh years."

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
Harald's eyes widen at the sound of professional adventures."See the priest, we shall, perhaps you should give us your diamond for safe keeping who knows when the bandits could come back."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

“We will definitely talk to the priest, and his wife,” Risia told the mayor with a nod. “Perhaps we could see your diamond, to determine if there is anything special about it beyond just being valuable? Do you know the name of the jeweler who sold it to you in Silverton? You may be right that it was a target of opportunity, but then why the third diamond, if no on one in town knows of the existence of a third?” she mused.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

"ugh, More walking..." he muttered to himself.
He then closed his eyes and started to ponder, streaking his Beard in the process.
"Why three Diamonds? No more, No less...
Three is the number they want so... three they shall want to recieve...

Remove ads