• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Moria Boxed Set for Adventures in Middle Earth announced.

G

Guest 6801328

I've been impressed with Cubicle 7s ability to support both games well, and I've been anticipating a Product that would have all the information to run using either game's core rules. I wonder if this is it?

Anybody familiar with C7 knows they put out quality products, and I would expect this to eclipse even their fantastic "Darkening of Mirkwood" (5e version is called "Mirkwood Campaign").

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Anybody familiar with C7 knows they put out quality products, and I would expect this to eclipse even their fantastic "Darkening of Mirkwood" (5e version is called "Mirkwood Campaign").

The quality of they're products is without dispute. It's the pace that surprises me. Especially the pace of TOR products when I think AiME is a much better seller for them. The commitment to both games is truly impressive.

G

Guest 6801328

If anybody was wondering how they are going to handle dual-system (The One Ring and their 5e system, Adventures in Middle Earth), Jon from C7 posted this:

We're taking a modular approach to the rules sections and soaking the accompanying cost ourselves. So you will get rules for both systems, and you'll be able to remove the rules section you don't require, and rest easy knowing you paid no more for it.

So let's say (for example) Moria is a box with 4 manuals in it. One will be the rules for TOR and one will be the rules for AME. You'll be able to throw one away/give it to a friend who has different tastes in rules. The price will be for a box with 3 manuals. Because as I said, we have your back. But we also want to make a Moria boxed set.

We have no plans to convert any other forthcoming title to "dual stat", and we've never used that term officially. I have personally made it clear I dislike "dual statted" products. AME and TOR remain seperate lines as we have always said.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
If anybody was wondering how they are going to handle dual-system (The One Ring and their 5e system, Adventures in Middle Earth), Jon from C7 posted this:

I was hoping they would make more products with the modular approach, but it doesn't look like that's the case besides Moria. Ah well.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Tough to do with hardcover books. Only really works with a boxed set.

You're probably right.

I was thinking it would just have TNs and DCs side by side and two different statblocks for creatures and NPCs, which wouldn't bloat a hardcover too much, but I was forgetting that other rules like Journeys have quite a few more differences between the two systems.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
Hmm, I wonder if the dungeon would work well for the normal 5e classes, like if you wanted to let a standard DND party explore Moria for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads