pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
Centaur

I picked this figure up in an auction lot a few months ago. It was already assembled and primed so I thought I would paint it up. I learned a couple of things:
1. In the future, make sure all miniatures I have purchased assembled are put together correctly - this miniature was a mess; and
2. Reprime - some folks use pretty gritty primer.

centaur101.jpg

centaur102.jpg

I would like to paint this figure again, because it is a neat miniature. However, I could not bear to put too much time into it once I started because of the poor construction.

59 models painted in 2012.

pogre

Legend
Centaur 2 and Malifaux Austringers

I apologize for the picture quality. I just wanted to document my progress. I'm really starting to hate taking pictures. I need to set up my lighting box again to do it properly.

centaur201.jpg

austringer1.jpg

austringer2.jpg

62 models finished in 2012.

pogre

Legend
Rise of the Runelords Project

riseofrunelordslogo.jpg

I have recently purchased the Anniversary Edition of the Rise of the Runelords by Paizo. I wanted to give you a heads up because there will undoubtedly be small spoilers in the coming weeks as I post things to this thread.

I have nearly all of the Reaper miniatures associated with the adventures and have begun painting them up.

I also plan on doing some custom terrain for the adventures - no 2d flipmats for us.

The campaign starts in late fall following the conclusion of my football season.

When I post something associated with the campaign I will have Runelords in the title - so folks wishing to avoid spoilers can do so. If I post major spoilers - I will attempt to put them in spoiler tags.

I am looking forward to this campaign and I hope I can make it as visually spectacular as possible!

frankthedm

First Post
"At him!" he cried, raising his arm.

And David flew like a silent brown bullet, stubby wings pumping once, twice, three times, before crashing into Cort's face, talons searching, beak digging. Red drops flew up into the hot air.

The centigor is coming along nicely.

pogre

Legend
Came home from a long day of football practices and found my two youngest sons had created a minis game out of nothing but craft sticks and paper. It is a pretty awesome set-up.
sgp_ktp_mini_game_01.jpg

They drew pictures of troops and monsters and propped them up with parts of craft sticks.
sgp_ktp_mini_game_02.jpg

They made a bunker out of craft sticks.
sgp_ktp_mini_game_03.jpg

The boys played for hours. Great entertainment for an 8-year old and a 6-year old!
sgp_ktp_mini_game_04.jpg

Each troop had a separate character sheet. I watched for a while and heard things like:
"Does he have cover?"

"My demon did max damage!"

"Should this guy do one or two dice to hit?"

Finally, after I watched for a while, Stevie, the older boy said, "Dad, we still have a lot of work to do. We're just playtesting."

My sons made my day - as they often do.

pogre

Legend
Rise of the Runelords

A Paizo goblin from Reaper. A humble beginning for my Rise of the Runelords project:
ror_goblin01_01.jpg

ror_goblin01_02.jpg

I'll hopefully be posting a bunch of these critters over the next few days.

It's amazing how tiny these gobbos are!

63 models in 2012.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases