pogre's model and figure thread

pogre

Legend
Sunless Citadel Dungeon Pieces

I have run the Sunless Citadel by Bruce R. Cordell a few times. It was the module that launched 3rd edition D&D and was recently converted to 5th edition in Tales from the Yawning Portal. It is fun dungeon crawl and I recommend it highly. However, there are a few parts of the dungeon that are difficult to represent with Master Maze. I decided to use my Hirst Arts molds to create some practical pieces to fill a few voids in the Dwarven Forge stuff.

Here is one of the problematic rooms (#20):
suncit_07.jpeg

Sorry, for the blurry map picture, but it gives you an idea of the problem. That big semi-circular part of the room is tough to represent. I have used the older resin cavern curve pieces in the past, but this really was not satisfactory. So using Bruce Hirst’s 8″ circular tower field stone mold, I made these:

suncit_04.jpegsuncit_03.jpeg

Here is room 20 using these new tiles:

suncit_02.jpegsuncit_01.jpeg

The paint scheme is much darker than the old Master Maze, but it is much closer to the newer Dwarvenite. The picture below is a comparison with the newer stuff:

suncit_06.jpeg

Not perfect, but there is a wide variation in the Dwarven Forge paint schemes too, and it certainly looks decent on the table. The piece was built on a piece of cheap vinyl tile and I gave it a felt backing:

suncit_05.jpeg

The room’s dimension’s do not exactly match my build. My build is 40 scale feet across and the map depicts a room 45 scale feet across. I could insert a few 5 feet pieces to match, but I wanted a practical piece I could use in lots of dungeons.

These pieces will also serve as the basis for building some of those darn circular rooms that dungeon designers seem to insist on using.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
The Forge of Fury Scenes

A few scenes from our Forge of Fury session today at The Mountain Door. Cool planked bridge is by the Miniature Building Authority. Rest of terrain is largely a mix of old and new Dwarven Forge with a smattering of Hirst Arts tiles. Pig Faced Orcs are from Other World miniatures – Character figures are mostly Reaper – the Dwarf is an old Citadel model.

forge01.jpg

forge02.jpg

forge03.jpg

Remove ads