Pogre's 2022 Miniatures and Models Thread - Today's Gaming set-up - A Classic D&D Adventure Site!

pogre

Legend
It was all hands on deck to get ready for the gaming session this Sunday. I took an old Reaper Bones Rauthuros Demon that I had lost the head to and converted it into a 4-armed gargoyle.
2022_04_4_armed_gargoyle.jpeg

I also painted a regular Reaper gargoyle:
2022_05_gargoyle.jpeg

I told my son, Keegan, that I needed a Herald of Graz'zt. He asked what the Herald looked like and I told him to just use his imagination. This is what he came up with -
2022_06_herald.jpeg

Finally, I had some scatter terrain for jungle ruins that I needed painted. Fortunately, my son, Steve, picked up some brushes and cranked the pieces out for me.
2022_07_jungle_ruins_01.jpeg

2022_07_jungle_ruins_02.jpeg

I always enjoy our Sunday gaming sessions, but it is even more exciting when we have some new minis and terrain to put on the table!

That's it for this time.

Keep painting and crafting.

pogre

Legend
Not intentional, but today's assortment of minis come through various means. First, is a conventional pewter miniature from Crocodile Games - priestess.
2022_10_priestess.jpeg

Next, is an animated armor miniature a friend printed for me in resin:
2022_11_animatedarmor.jpeg

Finally, a pair of custom sculpted figures my son, Keegan, created from wire armatures and kneadatite. The first is a Mummy Lord:
2022_12_mummylord_a.jpeg

2022_12_mummylord_b.jpeg

Second is a spy PC he just finished:
2022_13_spy.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Until next time...
Keep painting and crafting!

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
Second is a spy PC he just finished:
I'm kind of digging that spy. That's a wicked looked weapon he's got there to boot. I like the Egyptian flavored miniatures as well. I don't see enough of those.

I'm almost done with this Mancrusher Gargant from Games Workshop. For my latest project, I decided I wanted to work on my flesh tones and I'm especially proud of how his face has turned out. I just need to finish painting his club, armbands, and his forearms and I'm done. Will finish this week I think.

It actually took me a significant amount of time.

Base: 3 layers of Bugman's Glow
1st Layer: 3 layers of Bugman's Glow and Cadian Flesh
2nd Layer: 3 layers of Cadian Flesh
Wash: Some flesh color wash (forget which)
Glaze: A violet glaze was applied to the face.
3rd Layer: 3 Layers of Kislev Flesh and Cadian Flesh

Giant_2.JPG

MGibster

Legend
I finally finished the giant and here he is in all his fleshly glory. He was a lot of fun to paint but not so much fun to assemble. There were a lot of gaps I didn't do a great job filling. It's something I need to practice. But at $125 for a pair, I think the models could have fewer gaps during assembly.

Giant_Done.JPG

pogre

Legend
Unintentionally I painted mostly aberrations this time around:
2022_15_tentacles_b.jpeg

2022_15_tentacles_a.jpeg

A strange little mimic a friend printed for me:
2022_14_mimic_b.jpeg

Finally, a cliff path I did this week for my game. First purely vertical battle terrain I have created:
cliff_final.jpeg

Thanks for looking -
Until next time keep crafting and painting.

MGibster

Legend
Unintentionally I painted mostly aberrations this time around:
I'm sure you were under the influence of some eldritch power from beyond the nether regions. I like that cliff you did. I wouldn't have thought of that as a piece of terrain for a game.

Remove ads