D&D 5E Radiant damage with both Radiant Souls

Owen Driscoll

First Post
I am creating a Protector Aasimar celestial Warlock and was wondering when I cast a spell doing radiant damage, how do both the celestial Warlocks radiant soul in xgte and the radiant soul in volo work together when I cast a spell.

Also wondering can you do both wall of light and crown of stars at the time at 14th level along with the radiant souls to do loads of damage.

Zmajdusa

First Post
Warlock ability only applies to one damage roll to one target, not sure how it would work with croan of stars or wall of light

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
After a quick read of the abilities, you can add both the aasimar and warlock damage boost to the same damaging spell when you cast it.

Wall of light you can add the damage when you cast it but the aasimar ability can only apply to a single target caught in the wall while the warlock ability applies to the damage roll so would apply to all the targets that are in the affected area (in the same way that a fire dragon sorcerers boost applies to the overall fireball damage roll).

Crown of stars allows you to add the bonus damage from the aasimar ability once on your turn when one of the motes hit (it says that you can add the additional damage when you heal damage with a weapon or spell, not when you cast it). Because you aren't dealing damage when you cast the spell, I'd say that the warlock ability does not apply.

Remove ads