D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

hero4hire

Explorer
The Blue Dragonwoman strode forth to make herself more visible. "I, Cyan Stormblade, humble vintner of Lightning in a Bottle shall be happy to help find this poor girl." Cyan said loudly.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

OOC: I presume Pell is one of the children that Niklos has met while in town...

"Of course we must find the child!" Niklos looks up at Constable Harburk, "Is this Sevond the local oracle?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
Minny eyes Captain Barakas and gives a scoff, "Mercenary eh?" she says with a quick cackle. "Well Captain, I will be happy to reward you for finding my Pell." Minny says with a crooked grin.

"But, Minny that coin..." the constable starts to say, but the old bird just holds up a wrinkled hand to forestall any objection.

"Thank you,"
the constable says to Talin, Niklos, and Cyan before turning to the inquisitive Terry and gathering everyone in close. "Pell is twelve and tall for her age. She wears her hair short and dresses usually in a shirt and breeches. If she was off 'adventuring' she may be wearing a gray tabard over her shirt. It has a unicorn embroiled on the front in red thread. She'll also have a wooden sword with her."

He looks to Minny who just nods with nothing to add, new worry coming to her face at the delay.

Continuing the constable gives the group directions to Sevond's Tomb. "Take The Long Road north about eight miles, the woods will thicken around you, and then look for a game trail to your right. The trail doesn't lead directly to the tomb, but it does go near enough that you should be able to see the hill it is built into. And in answer to your question sir," the constable says to Niklos, but turns to make sure he has everyone's attention. "Lord Sevond was a baron in these parts a hundred years ago. Why his ghost haunts these lands is a mystery, but even as a ghost he is still an honorable soul. Do not provoke him and he will not harm you. Be circuitous and he may answer a question or two for you."

"Good Luck,"
he says before turning to help Minny away back to her home.

hero4hire

Explorer
"Eight miles??" Cyan exclaimed. "An awful long ways to let a 12-year-old wander. I suppose they may do things differently North of Waterdeep. But in the City, one would never let their child stray so far." She turned to the collected volunteers. "Any of you skilled in tracking or woodlore? I have been meaning to learn, but as I previously alluded, I was raised a City-girl."

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
“I spent most of my time aboard a ship,” The Captain said, “I know my way around a weapon, and these wings are for more than decoration, but I’ve no experience hunting on land. Give me a ship to hunt and aye, I’ll get her for ye. But on land...”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

hero4hire

Explorer
"Well, I at least approve of your choice of color scheme Captain." Cyan purred referring to the tiefling's unusual cerulean hue.

Last edited:

"How far from town would the young girl travel on these adventures?" Terry wonders. "I only ask because I'm curious why a ghost eight miles away might know where the girl is. That seems unusual."

tglassy

Adventurer
Captain Barakas smiled at the Dragonborn, his eyes flashing with lightning.

“It is the color of the sky during a squall, of flashes of lightning during the storm. I used to specialize in taking my enemies during storms. I would fly high, into the lightning filled clouds, invisible to all, marking my target and bringing word back to my ship. Or, I would simply pick off their members one by one in the chaos of the storm. My skin, merely another Gift of the Storm, made sure I wouldn’t be seen in such darkness.”

OOC: Im going with the option in Xanathar’s Guide for my Cleric to worship a force rather than a god. Captain Barakas worships the Storm.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads