Mike Mearls Happy Fun Hour: The Warlord

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Maybe. You could ask on Twitter (would have to be a y/n question).

Realistically, if he were going to do a HFT book with a couple options per class... at two weeks per subclass that's 48 weeks before he finishes. Before playtesting, which can take several months.
But to fill an entire book they need a lot of options: twice as many as will actually make it into the book so you can test and pick the best options. Now we're looking at 96 weeks of design.

But he's just grabbing whatever suggestion from Twitter catch his interest. That's not going to lead to the most popular designs. And he's likely only going to do one per class before moving onto races and spells and other design elements.

They do have the time though. I can't imagine them releasing a book with more class content before 2019. Or 2020. A few of these options might be tested for that book, but whether or nor they make it in would depend on if it's well received by the entire community via surveys.
Well yeah, I'm not saying that a book filled with the HFH subclasses will be released, just that if a book comes out based on martial power then a subclass like the warlord would fit in it and it would be crazy not to at least be considered for inclusion. A book about sailing the high seas or with a Greek flavour might include the warlock kraken pact. They might even do another Xanathar's which can include a lot of them since they don't need to be tied to a theme.

mellored

Legend
I eagerly await your lifeguard 20 level class.
That was a sub-class.
But since they managed to make hitting things with a stick 20 levels, so why not?

1: You gain a swim speed. You can pull one person along with you when you swim.
5: Your swim speed is doubled. You can pull two people along with you when you swim.
11: Your swim speed is trippled. You can swim though the air.
17: Your swim speed is quadruped. You can swim though solid ground.

More interesting than a fighter at any rate.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
That was a sub-class.
But since they managed to make hitting things with a stick 20 levels, so why not?

5: Your swim speed is doubled. You can pull two people along with you when you swim.

Anyone else get images of David Hasselhoff when reading this?

Remathilis

Legend
That was a sub-class.

So I lost the narrative: is the warlord literally anything *you* want it to be now?

Pauln6

Hero
That was a sub-class.

You forgot:

Slomo: You can move no more than half your movement but an enemy you can see must make a wisdom saving thow or be charmed and can take no actions until the start of your next turn.

Moral Certainty: If you spend at least a minute on a self indulgent monologue, gain Advantage on Persuasion checks against creatures than can hear you.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@Morrus - It really gets old when someone like @Remathilis feels the need to announce to the world that he is going to block you. I would report the post but as he blocked me immediately after he posted I do not have the ability to report the post.

Sounds like the problem was self-solving. Please don't ping me personally with moderation issues.

Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Sounds like the problem was self-solving. Please don't ping me personally with operation issues.

May I ask the proper method for reporting such issues in the future? Normally it's the report post button but that won't work in instances like this. Any suggestions?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
May I ask the proper method for reporting such issues in the future? Normally it's the report post button but that won't work in instances like this. Any suggestions?

The appropriate way to deal with somebody who has blocked you is to move on. It's over.

Remove ads