[AU] Butterfly Cage

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rybaer said:
Grathis elbows Connor and tilts his head toward the newcomers. "Now there's an interesting pair. I wonder what their story is?"

Connor turned to see the pair as they enter the room, then saw how everyone else was looking as well and decided to start ordering his breakfast as the room quieted. When finished, he hopped off of his chair and made his way over to the pair, "Greetings, welcome to the Raven's Peak, 'course I'm not the owner or an employee even, but welcome just the same. The two of you look road weary - come to the bar grab a bite to eat and take a load off," Connor offered, surprisingly succinctly. "This here is Grathis, a good friend of mine and my name is Conner . . . "

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm said:
Sanje draws his bastard sword and offers it, hilt first, towards the quickling woman. As she accepts it, he says, "It is a slightly unusual style; I prefer the flexibility of the hand-and-a-half sword. I am trained in the use of a shield, but I find that occasionally I will be better served by a two-hander's greater force and ease of motion than by the shield's improved defense. It is well-sharpened. " He demonstrates his last point by removing a small whetstone from his pack, and then replacing it. "An edgeless blade shows an edgeless mind, does it not?"
*It's an effort for the tiny woman to hold the blade, but she manages. As you speak, she runs her thumb near the edge, and nods approvingly at its sharpness.*

"Ah good. I appreciate someone who can work with or without a sheild. You see some folks that if you take away their sheild they dont know what to do, and visa versa. And this sword's well taken care off, so that bodes well for you. Go ahead, take it, and run through some of your exercises. I want to see you move," she says.

Jaik

First Post
"This is were you wish to be, Sirran, Sirrat," he says, and gives a short bow. Unless you have any other questions you wish to ask him, he will take off his headband and head back toward the gate. He's almost immediately accosted by several people wanting his services as he moves away from the inn.

Mochor makes a small motion for the messenger to wait a moment, scans the crowd again, then draws a silver piece from his pouch. "We are new to town and could use information on recent happenings, magical finds and the like. We could also use the services of a reliable guide in the future. Feel free to bring us news you think we would find interesting." Mochor places the silver in the guide's hand with a close-lipped smile.

(OOC: Among Litorians, I'm guessing a toothy smile would be a threat, as it readies the teeth for a lethal bite. Reading happy human expressions takes some getting used to as a consequence.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jaik said:
Mochor makes a small motion for the messenger to wait a moment, scans the crowd again, then draws a silver piece from his pouch. "We are new to town and could use information on recent happenings, magical finds and the like. We could also use the services of a reliable guide in the future. Feel free to bring us news you think we would find interesting." Mochor places the silver in the guide's hand with a close-lipped smile.
*Kedarinn considers the silver in his hand for less than a minute.*

"Sirran, we are in the middle of a gold rush. There was an earthquake, a small one, over four months ago and it revealed the gold. There have been many miners searching the hills for it ever since. It's common knowledge the biggest find thus far has been by the Kithfallow mining team. All those that find gold have it smelted at Furstan's Smithy, and most keep thier gold at High Vault Moneylenders, so you can find the hopefull hanging around there at all hours, trying to figure out were the lucky teams are mining. A lot of teams have had troubles with cave-ins and such though.

"Some people have been searching some old ruins up in the peaks that got uncovered by the earthquake. They say they've been finding magic things up there, and they've been fighting over them. Anyone that's a good fighter can find easy work guarding them," he recites quickly.

"If you need me again, ask at the Main Market, or at our store near there. Fleetfoot Messangers and Guides."

ES2

First Post
Scinathar listens intently to the words the guide speaks. A gold rush? A earthquake that happens to just uncover a site of magical ruins? This is something we must remember. We must get to those ruins, Scinathar thinks to himself. It's a gut reaction he's having, or call it an instinct.

He nods as the guide leaves and waits for Mochor to lead the way into the inn. He is more excited about being here now than he was a few moments previous.

Jaik

First Post
Ray Silver said:
*Kedarinn considers the silver in his hand for less than a minute.*

"If you need me again, ask at the Main Market, or at our store near there. Fleetfoot Messangers and Guides."

Mochor nods again. "Kedarinn of Fleetfoot Messengers and Guides. I shall remember." Mochor turns and leads the way into the Raven's Beak, where he quickly sizes up the room, then is approached by Connor. He glances at Scinithar and assuming he gets a nod, follows the Faen to the bar, where he will arrange for meals and a room.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jaik said:
Mochor nods again. "Kedarinn of Fleetfoot Messengers and Guides. I shall remember." Mochor turns and leads the way into the Raven's Beak, where he quickly sizes up the room, then is approached by Connor. He glances at Scinithar and assuming he gets a nod, follows the Faen to the bar, where he will arrange for meals and a room.
*The old innkeeper smiles politely as you inquire about a room and a meal.*

"Well then Sirran and Sirrat, I have several rooms left. I have several that would sleep two to four for three Queens per night, one big one that'll hold five to nine for five Queens per night, and a few little simple one-bed rooms, for those that don't see them too often, for one Queen a night. Supper is included, and for an extra silver you get breakfast and a traveling lunch," he says easily.

[OOC: A Queen is a gold piece, a silver is a deuce, and a copper is a bobber. They're used interchangeably. A traveling lunch means essentially a portable lunch, something you'd pick up in the morning before you go out, usually bread and a hunk of meat and cheese, sometimes sliced roots too.]

ES2

First Post
Jaik said:

Nods in agreement when Mochor glanced at Scinathar.

ES2

First Post
Keia said:
Connor turned to see the pair as they enter the room, then saw how everyone else was looking as well and decided to start ordering his breakfast as the room quieted. When finished, he hopped off of his chair and made his way over to the pair, "Greetings, welcome to the Raven's Peak, 'course I'm not the owner or an employee even, but welcome just the same. The two of you look road weary - come to the bar grab a bite to eat and take a load off," Connor offered, surprisingly succinctly. "This here is Grathis, a good friend of mine and my name is Conner . . . "

Taken aback by Connor's forwardness in friendship, Scinathar follows Mochor as Connor lead them to the bar, where the owner told us about how much the rooms shall be.

To the owner: "A room for two sounds right for tonight." Reaches into a pouch, pulls out 3 Queens and a Deuce, and hands them to the owner. Waits for the key and hands it to Mochor.

Scinathar motions with his head at Mochor, then goes and sits down at the table offered by Connor. He sets the bag next to the seat, between him and Mochor, and places his walking stick (quarterstaff) against the table in reaching distance.

"I am Scinathar, this is Mochor. You are correct, we are indeed road weary." To emphasize, beneath the table he stretches his legs and they here a few bones popping.

(OOC: At this point Scinathar glances around the room intently. Uses Detect Magic racial ability.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
ES2 said:
Taken aback by Connor's forwardness in friendship, Scinathar follows Mochor as Connor lead them to the bar, where the owner told us about how much the rooms shall be.

To the owner: "A room for two sounds right for tonight." Reaches into a pouch, pulls out 3 Queens and a Deuce, and hands them to the owner. Waits for the key and hands it to Mochor.
*Actually, the innkeeper doesn't hand you a key, though he reaches under the bar, takes out a large book, and makes a note in it.*

"You're on the second floor, fifth door on the right, the one with a hand on it," he says, and puts the book back. Like most inns (barring the very expensive) it's understood that you either provide your own lock, or take everything of value with you when you leave the room.

Scinathar motions with his head at Mochor, then goes and sits down at the table offered by Connor. He sets the bag next to the seat, between him and Mochor, and places his walking stick (quarterstaff) against the table in reaching distance.

"I am Scinathar, this is Mochor. You are correct, we are indeed road weary." To emphasize, beneath the table he stretches his legs and they here a few bones popping.

(OOC: At this point Scinathar glances around the room intently. Uses Detect Magic racial ability.)
*There are a few additional looks at you as you sit down, as your different form becomes more apparent, but most just tend to their own business. Most are trying to eat quickly; they seem in a hurry to get somewhere.*

*As you survey the room, attuned for the presense of magic, you only note a few dim auras on some people, usually partially under their clothes. A slightly closer examination reveals the type of magic to be abjuration, the magic of protection; these are probably small protective amulets of some sort. You also note the stuffed raven over the fireplace glows with moderate conjuration magic, for one reason or another. Other than that, the room is mundane.*

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases