[AU] Butterfly Cage

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje nods and pockets the chip. "Thank you for your assistance. It is my hope we will do business again."

He bows to Vaimi, then proceeds out of the courtyard and down the hall before heading towards the Eloquent Minotaur.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
ES2 said:
Scinathar's looks at Conner as the energetic faen finished. "You can tell your story Sirra. Don't let my weariness stop you. Please continue."

Scinathar also looks at Grathis, and thinks to himself, at least this one isn't begging for money to supply directions and guidance. Then he pulls out a small piece of dried food and begins to eat it and drink some water from his waterskin as the faen continues his story.
[OOC: I hope you meant Sirran, Scinathar. Sirra is a title used when addressing women!]

*Shortly after you and Mochor sit down, a serving girl comes out with plates of sausage and bread for both of you, along with two mugs of light mead.*

WizWrm said:
Sanje nods and pockets the chip. "Thank you for your assistance. It is my hope we will do business again."

He bows to Vaimi, then proceeds out of the courtyard and down the hall before heading towards the Eloquent Minotaur.
*After going back to Inn Street, finding the Eloquent Minotaur is as easy as Vaimi said. There's a large minotaur carved into the planks above the door, making orator's gestures. As you enter inside, you find the place filled with light almost as bright as daylight. Both mundane lamps and magical globes are present. Books, papers, ink pots, and quills dot the tables inbetween the plates and mugs. People whisper to each other frantically, seemingly lost in their own conversations, some waving rolls around for emphasis. The place has a smell of ink and wine, an usual combination to be sure.*

*There are several detailed pictures on the wall, though the music coming from one of a bird makes it obvious that they have a magical nature. There's a few people at the bar on the left side of the room, and one human man is speaking to the elderly human woman behind it. The rest of the inn contains a good deal of humans, a slightly lesser amount of faen and sprytes, a couple litorian, and a giant woman.*

*After a few seconds of scanning the crowd, you spot Javdak. His wine-red skin stands out easily, even in this press of people. He sits at a small table near the fire, quickly writing into a book. His cane leans up against his chair. He's dressed as a scholar, in loose robes with a belt dangling with many pouches. What looks like a soft cap lies on the table next to the book.*

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
*Shortly after you and Mochor sit down, a serving girl comes out with plates of sausage and bread for both of you, along with two mugs of light mead.*

Mochor will politely decline the mead and request water or milk.

ES2

First Post
Ray Silver said:

After she places the plate down I put my own food away and eat slowly as Conner continues his story.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jaik said:
Mochor will politely decline the mead and request water or milk.
*The serving wench looks at you very curiously, but returns in a few minutes with a tankard full of goat's milk.*

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje enters and pauses a second while he takes it all in. Spotting Javdak, he tries to catch his eye as he makes his way through the room towards the old verrik.

Sanje reaches the table and bows to Javdak. "Greetings, Sirran," he says, "I am Sanje, and I have come in answer to your inquiry at the Arms."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the chip, presenting it to Javdak.

"If everything is in order, I will be ready to join your team as soon as you are prepared."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor happily told his tale while eating his rather large breakfast with Mochor, Grathis, and Scinithar. The story's main plot seemed to revolve around a young faen who constantly had dangerous mishaps but was miraculously saved by chance several times. Connor finished the tale, " . . . so then after speaking with his elders, the faen realized that he had indeed found the very god he was looking for, just not the one he thought he was looking for. Instead, he had discovered Mochara, the god who watches over faen who get into trouble well over their head. So that's why I like you name so much - it's very similar, you see?"

Looking to Grathis, Connor asked, "So, after breakfast, you want to head over to the Minotaur to check on the sponsor with me?" Connor looked to Mochor and Scinithar and added, "You both are welcome as well, that is if you're interested in exploring the peaks and investigating mysteries."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm said:
Sanje enters and pauses a second while he takes it all in. Spotting Javdak, he tries to catch his eye as he makes his way through the room towards the old verrik.

Sanje reaches the table and bows to Javdak. "Greetings, Sirran," he says, "I am Sanje, and I have come in answer to your inquiry at the Arms."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the chip, presenting it to Javdak.

"If everything is in order, I will be ready to join your team as soon as you are prepared."
*As you draw nearer, you realize he's not quite as old as you thought. Middle-aged perhaps, but not nearly as old as the grandmother behind the bar. He looks up smoothly as you draw near; he must have caught you out of the corner of his eye. He listens to your introduction, and waves for you to have a seat. He takes the chip and regards it for a moment.*

"I'm glad Sirra Flameglide came through, Sanje. Though I didn't expect it to be in such a spectacular fashion. I certainly didn't expect to see another verrik in this town. Did you know there's a cloister here of our kind? Witches, of course, and virtually never seen in town, as they follow the contemplative path," Javdak quickly scribes a few more words into his book, the puts his pen down.

"I hired you to guard some magic-seekers I'm hiring. I don't expect it will take more than a day before I'm ready for your services. You'll be defending them against two types of things. One may be wild animals or other abberations. They're fairly common around here. The other is other magic-seeking teams that may seek to steal what you've found, drive you away from your site, or eliminate the competition. Vaimi told you the pay rate I'm certain. What questions do you have?" he says, his voice deep as yours. He has a very certain air about him, almost commanding. He's certainly confident, and seems well-informed.

ES2

First Post
Keia said:
Connor happily told his tale while eating his rather large breakfast with Mochor, Grathis, and Scinithar. The story's main plot seemed to revolve around a young faen who constantly had dangerous mishaps but was miraculously saved by chance several times. Connor finished the tale, " . . . so then after speaking with his elders, the faen realized that he had indeed found the very god he was looking for, just not the one he thought he was looking for. Instead, he had discovered Mochara, the god who watches over faen who get into trouble well over their head. So that's why I like you name so much - it's very similar, you see?"

Looking to Grathis, Connor asked, "So, after breakfast, you want to head over to the Minotaur to check on the sponsor with me?" Connor looked to Mochor and Scinithar and added, "You both are welcome as well, that is if you're interested in exploring the peaks and investigating mysteries."

Scinathar glances over at Mochor, nods, and then back at Conner and Grathis, "This sounds good with us. Let us go to your sponsor."

Scinathar finishes what's left of his food, drinks the last of the mead, and grabs his gear and quarterstaff. "We will follow you, we do not know the way to this Minotaur you speak of."

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
Looking to Grathis, Connor asked, "So, after breakfast, you want to head over to the Minotaur to check on the sponsor with me?"

"Yes," Grathis replies. "I would like to meet this employer...judge whether he is worth my time."

Remove ads