[AU] Butterfly Cage

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rybaer said:
Grathis look around the common room of the Eloquent Minotaur and grunts...which comes out as more of a soft growl. Too many academics, he thinks in disdain. No wonder there is a booming business in guarding them...too weak to look after themselves.

He notes the verrik across the room and follows Connor's lead.
*The bird-picture singing near the door seems to give a small squawk of surprise at your growl.*

ES2 said:
Scinathar follows Conner and Grathis over to the table with the person that glanced our way. He uses Detect Magic ability when he has a few seconds to examine the room carefully.

Scinathar looks around the room, seeing if there's any strange looks his way of the sort that may want to cause him harm. He keeps silent.
*As you look around the Eloquent Minotaur it seems as there is a haze of brightness in the air, as well as an unusual amount of bright spots. All around the room, the pictures of the was glow faintly with illusion magic. Many people in the room have minor glows on them from varying school of magic. Javdak also has some small glows on him as well. The haze in the air seems to be some general protection spells on the inn itself. However it's the grandmotherly innkeeper that glows the brightest, particularly her cane.*

*You get a few strange looks, but no one's looking at you with particular hostility. But that could also be because of the company you're keeping; no one wants to make them mad.*

Dalamar said:
Galen bows to Kasa, before continuing.
"I am Galen Dumaine, a novice in the art of runes. I have come to ask if you would possibly know of any runes or magical lore that might further my studies."
*The old woman's eyebrows shoot up when you ask, and she gives a short laugh.*

"That's a tall order there sonny! But I think I can help you anyway. I was never much of a scholar of runes, but look over there. Do you see that big, tall verrik man talking to the other verrik? That's Javdak. He's a scholar and a professor too at an academy up farther north. I've seem him studying books of runes, and he's very interested in those wishing to learn. Go over and talk to him, he'll be able to tell you what you want to know," she says with a small smile.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor waited respectfully to ensure that he and his new friends were not interrupting anything. Judging by the wave, Connor assumed it was all clear and quickly made his way to Javdak.

"Hello there, Javdak. It's good to see you sitting down and resting that back of yours. See, I said that a word or two to Crodirecia would be of benefit to you and so it is. Resting and maybe some back treatments - you know I've heard of some faen that actually walk on the backs of some customers apparently for medical purposes, though what possible medical . . . oh, um . . . It is a good thing you're here because I think I've gathered a solid group to seek out some stuff in the peaks. If you weren't here then I'd have to go looking for you which would be time consuming and people could get lost. Then there's the searching for the missing people, and sometimes the searchers get lost and it's just a big mess . . . which by chance is also an issue for us for I know of a person called Galen that I wanted to come along and meet with you but I really kinda forgot to look for him before we headed out so we're not quite all here. This is Grathis, Scinathar, and Mochor, Javdak. Grathis, Scinithar and Mochor, this is Javdak, hopefully our sponsor."

Connor then remembered to breath, allowing others to speak. In fact, he took several breaths, having forgotton to do so in his excitement to explain the situation.

ES2

First Post
Scinathar's eyes sweep the room before locking on Javdak's. "Sirrat, you are the sponsor Conner has mentioned? What can you speak of the ruins in the peaks?"

Scinathar takes a seat nearby and sits down, pulling the chair up to the table where Javdak is sitting. His tail thumps against the ground and he places his quarterstaff next to him, between him and Mochor.

Rybaer

First Post
Grathis nods curtly toward Javdak, but says nothing. He considers Connor's introduction sufficient and will not speak unless spoken to.

While the others gather around the table, Grathis crosses his arms and remains standing. He keeps a straight posture and stern demeanor.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia said:
Connor waited respectfully to ensure that he and his new friends were not interrupting anything. Judging by the wave, Connor assumed it was all clear and quickly made his way to Javdak.

"Hello there, Javdak. It's good to see you sitting down and resting that back of yours. See, I said that a word or two to Crodirecia would be of benefit to you and so it is. Resting and maybe some back treatments - you know I've heard of some faen that actually walk on the backs of some customers apparently for medical purposes, though what possible medical . . . oh, um . . . It is a good thing you're here because I think I've gathered a solid group to seek out some stuff in the peaks. If you weren't here then I'd have to go looking for you which would be time consuming and people could get lost. Then there's the searching for the missing people, and sometimes the searchers get lost and it's just a big mess . . . which by chance is also an issue for us for I know of a person called Galen that I wanted to come along and meet with you but I really kinda forgot to look for him before we headed out so we're not quite all here. This is Grathis, Scinathar, and Mochor, Javdak. Grathis, Scinithar and Mochor, this is Javdak, hopefully our sponsor."

Connor then remembered to breath, allowing others to speak. In fact, he took several breaths, having forgotton to do so in his excitement to explain the situation.
*Javdak smiles at Conner's breathless explanation and greeting.*

"I thank you for your prayers Connor, though I'm afraid Crodirecia may be the wrong one to pray to. It is not my back that is the trouble, but just a bad leg from an accident as a youth.

"I am quite glad you managed to find such a large group, and it even looks like you managed to find some guards for yourself. That's good, and I've found someone else to help watch your backs. This is Sanje," he says, indicating the other verrik.

*Conner as you're looking around the room, you suddenly realize that the man at the bar is no one less than Galen.*

ES2 said:
Scinathar's eyes sweep the room before locking on Javdak's. "Sirrat, you are the sponsor Conner has mentioned? What can you speak of the ruins in the peaks?"

Scinathar takes a seat nearby and sits down, pulling the chair up to the table where Javdak is sitting. His tail thumps against the ground and he places his quarterstaff next to him, between him and Mochor.
"I can speak only a little, but it is a fascinating little Scinathar. The ruins have been there for years, but it was only recently that they became clearly uncovered. The entire area around them is sewn with magic items of varying natures. I desire some of the items for study at my academy in Lisharan. I believe they could be very valuable, both historically and magically.

"Now, I must ask you all. Those who study magic, what do you study? Witchery? The path of the staff? The art of the mage blade? Runes? The Green?"

[OOC: The path of the staff = magister]

WizWrm

First Post
Ray Silver said:
*Javdak smiles at Conner's breathless explanation and greeting.*

"I thank you for your prayers Connor, though I'm afraid Crodirecia may be the wrong one to pray to. It is not my back that is the trouble, but just a bad leg from an accident as a youth.

"I am quite glad you managed to find such a large group, and it even looks like you managed to find some guards for yourself. That's good, and I've found someone else to help watch your backs. This is Sanje," he says, indicating the other verrik.

Sanje nods to acknowledge the introduction.

"Greetings," he says in a deep voice.

ES2

First Post
WizWrm said:
Sanje nods to acknowledge the introduction.

"Greetings," he says in a deep voice.

"Greetings," Scinathar replies to Sanje.

Ray Silver said:
"I can speak only a little, but it is a fascinating little Scinathar. The ruins have been there for years, but it was only recently that they became clearly uncovered. The entire area around them is sewn with magic items of varying natures. I desire some of the items for study at my academy in Lisharan. I believe they could be very valuable, both historically and magically.

"Now, I must ask you all. Those who study magic, what do you study? Witchery? The path of the staff? The art of the mage blade? Runes? The Green?"

[OOC: The path of the staff = magister]

"Who is it we are guarding?" Scinathar asks and quickly glances at Conner, then back to Javdak.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
ES2 said:
"Who is it we are guarding?" Scinathar asks and quickly glances at Conner, then back to Javdak.
*Javdak looks honestly surprised at your comment.*

"My pardon Sirrat Scinathar. I thought you followed a path of magic; all the mojh I have met do. I apologize for my assumptions. Well then, you would all be guarding Connor I suppose. My leg won't let me climb mountains.

"However, if any of you have sharp eyes or any knowledge of magical things, you'd be very useful in assisting him in searching. I need as many good pairs of eyes up there I can get."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Galen bows to the innkeeper before heading over to Javdak, whom he bows to also.
"Excuse me for interrupting, Sirrat, but I was told that you are learned in runes, which I myself wish to study."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dalamar said:
Galen bows to the innkeeper before heading over to Javdak, whom he bows to also.
"Excuse me for interrupting, Sirrat, but I was told that you are learned in runes, which I myself wish to study."
*In a lull in conversation, Galen speaks up. Javdak blinks once, then smiles warmly.*

"Indeed today is going very well for me. Well then Sirran, you wish to learn of runes? I can offer you a most excellent book with extensive lists of them and their meanings, but I would require payment for such a treasure. These assembled I am hiring to search for items of magic on the peaks. If you are a student of runes, then you would be an asset. Would you consider a week or two of searching a fair trade for a book of runes and the assistance of a professor of the arcane in your studies?" the verrik asks.

Remove ads